Part One

◇Hayley◇

I was waiting tables at a downtown BBQ place when I met him. It was kickoff night and the servers were in a competition to see who could serve the most plates of ribs. Prize was some cash but nothing too big.

"Hi! My name is Hayley and I'll be your waitress tonight. All servers are in a competing to see who can sell the most ribs for kickoff night." I look into the greenest eyes I've ever seen.

"Ok that's cool," he says. He had brown hair and heart melting dimples-wait. Stop it Hayley, your with David.

"So what can I get you to drink?"

"I'll just take a water."

"Okay, I'll be right back with it."

I walk back to the kitchen and Rebekah walks up to me.

"He's cute!" she says referring to Green Eyes.

"I know!"

"How come you get the good guys," she whines. We look at her tables and we see a guy staring at us with big glasses and a space between his teeth.

Chuckling, I bring Green Eyes his water. "Are you ready to order?" I ask.

"Sure! I'll take a half rack of ribs," he says smiling.

I smile back,"Thank you so much."

"So who's in the lead?" he asks.

"That would be Chandler," I say pointing to my coworker. "Charmer of the ladies," I joke. He laughs.

"But with this order, I think I might be coming back!" I say winking at him and walking away to put in his order.

I walk back out and refill a little boys drink.

"Hey Hayley!" Chandler calls.

"Hmm?"

"We have a birthday in the room over."

"Here we go!" I say with a big smile. We walk in the next room and start singing Happy Birthday. I pull out a birthday hat and put it on a teenagers head.

"Don't worry, you don't look as bad as I do," I say pointing to my birthday hat I had to wear for the song, which makes her laugh. I go back to the kitchen taking my hat off. I grab the plate of ribs and bring them out.

"Here ya go! I'll be back with wet wipes and extra napkins."

"Thanks!" Green Eyes says.

I go bring him the wipes, then type up his bill. Placing it on the corner of his table, I tell him to take his time.

I go back and the little boy is crying because he doesn't want to eat anything his parents ask. I smile and point to the kids favorite, chicken tenders and fries in the shape of a smiley face. He instantly agrees and I go put their order in. Sadly, my shift was almost over. My favorite part of the day was working the late dinner shift. I grab the bill from Green Eyes and find his name is Liam.

"Here ya go, Liam. Thanks for coming-and ordering those ribs!"

Note

Hey guys! So I started a new story-finish the other one. I hope you guys enjoy but this what kinda like a prologue but not really. Anyways, Happy Reading.

~Sydni