Ring Off

It had been a little over three weeks since he'd last seen his fiancee

It had been a little over three weeks since he'd last seen his fiancee. Twenty-two days to be exact. Twenty-two days too goddamn long. Nailah left after a stupid argument a few days after he'd given the commencement speech at Howard University. She needed more of his time and between both of their work commitments, their relationship was suffering. And he couldn't blame her for being upset about it. Even though her work as a television writer took up a lot of her time, Nailah aways put forth the effort. She'd stay up late to FaceTime with him when he was away filming or rearrange her schedule to be able to travel to see him when he was on location. Shit was just hard. Things started to get hard right around the time all the promo for Black Panther started. He was traveling nonstop and all the flowers and phone calls in the world couldn't warm a cold ass bed. Their relationship was built around trust, affection and passion and she was genuinely his best friend and greatest champion. At the end of a long day, there was no one else he wanted to talk to except her. The way he'd bonded with her right off the bat just felt right. It felt like she'd always been a part of his life. Hell, his mother loved her from the moment he'd brought her home to meet his family. Her affectionate nature nurtured his need to be surrounded by those who looked out for him and truly loved him. Somehow, in the last few months, it felt like he'd lost his way. It felt like he'd lost her. As much as he valued her, not just as his woman but as his best friend, he could see the cracks in their relationship getting bigger. He thought that bringing her with him to his alma mater could be the beginnings of repairing their bond. Chadwick absolutely adored her and there was no other woman he could imagine spending the rest of his life with. When he imagined his daughter's face, she was a mini replica of Nailah. There was no one else he'd ever imagined having beautiful black babies with. No one. Chadwick parked his car outside of the dance studio that his fiancee frequented several times a week to keep that beautiful body of hers in shape. Thursday nights were the stilettos dance classes and he knew that this would probably be the best place to find her. He'd tried to give her time, but he had run out of patience. Nailah belonged with him, in the home they shared, in his bed. It didn't matter what it took. He was getting his woman back tonight.After finding parking in front of the studio, he headed inside, nodding to the receptionist at the front desk. The sound of music led him to the main studio, where a group was finishing up a routine. Tugging his hoodie over his head, he stood towards the back of the room, his dark eyes searching the dancers for his lady. He spotted her fine ass almost immediately. In a crowd of pretty women, his queen stood out from the pack. Nailah was in thigh high boots and black shorts showed off the chocolate skin of her toned legs. Damn.... he loved those long ass legs of hers, especially when they were wrapped around his face. Despite the fact that she was wearing a baseball cap, he knew the moment she spotted him when a small smirk appeared on her lips. Those dark eyes of hers that he loved so much were hidden behind the brim of her cap. As soon as the song started, he knew he was fucked. It was Tank's "When We".