What if- Friends?

SAKURA'S POV:

It's been days since I've come here and yet I'm still seeing this white walls of the hospital, every now and then jounins would sometimes visit me especially Kakashi. He would somehow pop out of the window or suddenly I'll be hearing some banging sounds all of a sudden and waking up with a sleeping Kakashi on the couch.

I was reading a little story book that Kakashi brought for me to kill my flaming boredom, it's just some normal children's book but it's really good. I was now nearing the last page when suddenly a very familiar jounin emerge from my window. I tried my best to look somehow happy and shock that he came, again.

"Mr. Kakashi!"

He once again closed his eyes, seriously, I don't really know how to determine his smiles from not? Yup, I just smiled at him for no reason at all and let my book on the table beside.

"Hello Sakura, how are you feeling now?"

He went down the window and walked near the bed I was laying.

"I'm feeling... bored again."

And that's the truth, I want nothing else but out of this hospital. Then I remembered every time I was bored, Gaara would play with me now and then but I guess that's not happening in the next couple of years or so. My mood instantly changed, I was now feeling depressed and it didn't come unnoticed by Kakashi.

I saw he was internally panicking thinking maybe I was so sick being in this Hospital for so long. It's really funny seeing them eat my bait every time. Though I really missed Gaara, Temari and Kankuro.

"H-hey Sakura, don't worry any minute now your ad---"

The door cracked open reveling one jounin escorting what seem to be my adopted parents, well sorta. The Hokage said that he'll be  finding me a place to stay, needless to say, someplace where someone is taking care of me while I'm here. I noticed they were smiling from ear to ear when they saw me. I'm guessing they don't have any children.

"My, what a lovely child."

The man said as he and the woman went near me on the bed. I smiled at them not knowing why. The man suddenly ruffled my hair which made my cheeks tinted pink, again. His hair was faded pink which made me wonder, are they're any other pink heads around here?

"I didn't know that she looked more mature than the other kids, how old are you sweetie?"

The woman said as she gave me a warm smile, this was the first time I've felt... at home.

"I'm 7 years old now."

I said unconsciously as I stared at the woman with awe, that was also gonna be my mom from now on. She must be pretty when she was still young although she's still beautiful. Everyone in the room noticed my stare at her which maybe gave them one conclusion about me, but Kakashi was really the one person I noticed how he dug deeper in his thoughts.

"Sakura, tell me. Don't you remember your own family? Your mother perhaps."

Kakashi asked which made my mood drop deeper, I started to shake and sob in my seat. I never really knew my mother since she died when I was born. The woman suddenly cradled me in her arms and the man soon hugged her which made me go in between them, they were so warm that I craved for their comfort.