Nightmares and Revelations

Ciel had been working extremely hard recently on all of the abundant new cases he'd been given from the Queen that he hadn't been getting much sleep for the last couple of days now. Being the Queen's guard dog was an honor and a prestigious title Ciel carried out with great pride as the head of the Phantomhive family even though it demanded high stakes of self-sacrifice. Nevertheless, he'd been putting aside the importance of his health recently no matter the constant worry of his demon butler. Sebastian, however, pushed his agenda forward and managed to convince the young Earl to take a break and finish off his assignments tomorrow morning since it was already past a quarter after 11 pm. Even though Ciel didn't want to and was going to pull an all-nighter to finish off the stack of cases plaguing his desk he was convinced otherwise. After being peppered with kisses all over his face for an entire "agonizing" 15 minutes of his life he accepted his fate and was prepared and sent to bed.

The peaceful and quiet night had been disturbed however when a sudden jolt of the body beside him woke Sebastian up from his recreational sleep. Ciel had instructed Sebastian to sleep with him for the night as it was cold and thundering outside the manor and didn't want to sleep alone in his massive bed. Since a young boy, Ciel had always been terrified of thunder and would always run to his parents' room for comfort and protection. Even though the demon had thankfully provided that and the much-needed warmth to ease Ciel off to dreamland, due of the current circumstances, it inevitably lead him to sprung up from the bed in a massive cold sweat. Ciel frantically looked all over the room out of breath as he shivered in fear and tears welled up in his sapphire eyes. "Bocchan, what is the matter? Are you okay?" Sebastian asked in a concerned sleepy voice as he sat up to turn on a candelabra before facing him and rubbing Ciel's back gently. After seeing he was safe in his room and in the protective arms of Sebastian, he sighed in thankfulness and relaxed his previously tensed muscles. "Nothing it was just a dream," he said quickly turning away from Sebastian and wiping his tears away. "Go back to sleep you must be tired from all your duties and having to babysit the servants," Ciel continued trying to change the subject as he tried to regained his composure around the demon and forced a fake smile. "Ciel..." the butler said in a silvery tone "You and I both know what a terrible liar you are when you try to save face," he said as he crossed his arms and looked even more concerned at what his young master was not telling him. "I said it was just a dream so stop your worrying," Ciel retorted back semi-harshly as he kept his gaze low at the white sheets he was clinging onto. "Just... a bad dream is all," he said troubling with a hint of sadness. "Do you want to talk about it love?" Sebastian asked as he wrapped his arms around Ciel's waist lovingly. "No, not really," he whispered underneath his breath but just loud enough for the demon to hear.

Sebastian softly stroked his young master's hair and kissed the top of his head to assure him he understood. "Okay, how about we have a little fun then to get your mind off of it? Come on!" he stated as he got up from the bed and extended a hand for Ciel to take. Ciel looked puzzled and a little taken aback. "What!? You're not serious, are you? This is so unlike you to suggest such a thing at this time of the night, in the history of ever?" Ciel said in a shocking voice. "Do you really see me like a stick in the mud or something? Why, I am deeply hurt bocchan," Sebastian said in a dramatic tone while gripping his heart in pain at his partner's commentary. Ciel huffed out a laugh as he jerked his head to the right with a small but visible smile at Sebastian. The butler grabbed the earls' hands and pulled him out of bed and led him to the living area. As they made their way downstairs the thunder outside seemed to shake the manor and Ciel unconsciously clung tighter to the black butler and Sebastian held him closer to him reassuring him he had nothing to fear. As they finally made it to the living room Ciel sat on a red sofa. Sebastian illuminated the chimney near Ciel and then proceeded to one of the cabinets in which contained all of Ciel's board games. Sebastian had pulled out two black velvet blindfolds and two rolled-up newspapers in which made Ciel feel flushed and caused his mind to chase an origin high. "What-what are you, uhmm... planning on doing?" Ciel stumbled on his words with a little rush of panic in his eyes as he looked over at Sebastian with the items in hand as he swallowed hard on his hot and thick saliva. Sebastian caught on immediately what the young master must have taught what was going to happen and chuckled a burst of laughter before covering it up with his hand that revealed their contract sign. Ciel's wide comical eyes lessened as he blushed in embarrassment though clearly annoyed with himself as to how bad he had read the situation. "Ciel..." Sebastian started as he tried to control his composter, "No we aren't doing anything of that sort so you can relax. This is just for the game I had in mind. Though we can disregard this silly game and do what you had in mind if you like my love~ that sounds even more fun~~" the demon growled as he teased his partner while bringing the blindfolds up to his mouth as he bit the end of it seductively. Ciel unclung his tight grip from his nightshirt with a sheepish grin. He got up from the sofa abruptly and walked towards Sebastian to snatch the items away from his hands. "So what is the name of this game anyway? How could you possibly have fun with this stuff? What are the rules?" Ciel rambled on in which brought a playful side smirk to Sebastian's lips as he looked down upon the love of his life. "Well, you see this game is called 'Are You There, Moriarty?' in which has been a common game since the early 1800s. Two players are blindfolded, given a rolled-up newspaper, and made to kneel down opposite one other. The first player asks, "Are you there, Moriarty?" to which his opponent replies, "Yes sir, I am here!" Player 1 then has to hit Player 2 with the newspaper, judging where he is only by the sound of his voice. Player 2 can try to dodge the blow, but his knees must remain in place at all times." Ciel eyes the smiling butler after he's finished with the instructions and agrees to the rules of the game, activating his competitive side to get the best of his partner. "Let's do this!"