04: wedding angst #1

Jonathan couldn't be happier. He woke up one day in a delightful mood, giggling to himself as he got ready for the day. Today was going to be a long day for him and Ryan.

Today is the day of their wedding. Today is the day Jonathan finally marries his amazing boyfriend Ryan.

Just thinking about the events to come made him want to scream and burst with excitement. He quickly slips into something comfortable, and runs out the house to his car. Unfortunately for him, he was already behind schedule.

Ryan wasn't here right now. He said he had to go do some wedding business, and that he was going to be picking up a little surprise for Jonathan. Something about “a wedding gift to ourselves” and “something they will love.”

Considering how Ryan left the house earlier than Jonathan, though, it comes as a surprise to Jonathan that Ryan never bothered to wake him up. Was he really supposed to start his wedding day without a good morning kiss?

That was okay, though. They would have all night after the wedding to cuddle and kiss as they pleased. Right now, they had more important things to do, like get their suits on and maybe eat breakfast.

The morning flies by in a blur. Jonathan and Luke go around getting everything settled and prepared, and they spend their morning excitedly talking about what was to come. Or, rather, Jonathan spoke and Luke smiled and listened.

They meet up with Bryce, who giggles happily and hands Jonathan a baby blue teddy bear wearing a suit.

“I saw it while buying Ryan's parents lunch, and I immediately thought of you,” he laughs. “He's getting married just like you!”

Jonathan takes the bear into his hands and sticks his tongue out at Bryce playfully. “I knew you would be the one to get a last minute gift, Bryce. Don't think I don't see what you're doing.”

Luke snickers, handing Jonathan his suit. “Come on, Jon. You go get ready while Bryce and I go hunting for a bunny to match.”

He does as told, getting into his suit and fixing up his hair. A quick glance at the clock sends nervous flutters through his body.

The time is 12:04. Less than an hour until everything was supposed to begin.

How late did he even wake up? Jonathan felt like he barely got up an hour ago.

He shrugs off the thought and goes out to where the actual wedding is. Because Ryan loved spring, they had both agreed to get married outside in a park. Jonathan smiles as he sees all the chairs set up, and the few guests they invited already waiting.

“Hey, Bryce, have you seen Ryan anywhere? I just wanna make sure he's here on time,” Jonathan asks. He knows that it's a silly question because between the two of them, it was probably Jonathan who was more likely to be late than anyone else.

Bryce shrugs. “Nope! I guess he's off getting dressed somewhere. I did find a bunny to match, though,” he announces, holding up a stuffed bunny wearing a green bowtie. “Why don't you just call him?”

“Oh, fuck! I didn't even think of that!” Jonathan reaches down to his pocket to grab his phone, only to realize it isn't there. In fact, this stupid suit of his doesn't even have pockets!

Jon curses quietly and looks back over at Bryce, who smiles warmly and holds up his phone. “Already on it.”

Ryan doesn't pick up. Of course he doesn't.

Jonathan resists the urge to yell or complain and smiles the best he can. “It'll be okay. He'll show up.”

Ryan does not show up either.