3.

"Jaehyun..." Younghoon poked his noodles with his chopsticks, "I..I think I met my soulmate."

Jaehyun stopped tearing his fried chicken to look at his boyfriend.

"...Oh. And? How is he? Or her?"

"He." Younghoon replied, "He's...cute and nice. And I feel comfortable when I'm with him."

"I see." Jaehyun said quietly. "Isn' that good? You find your real other half."

"Hyun," Younghoon scoffed, "That's not what I meant. You know I am not that kind of person who dumps their partner just because of a soulmate."

"I know..." Jaehyun mumbled - and Younghoon realized that he really is upset, because Lee Jaehyun never lowers his volume, "I am just...scared. I guess I never told you about my parents?"

"No. You changed the topic every time I asked you."

"That - yeah. That's because the 'mum' in my home isn't my biological mum. She's my dad's soulmate, whom he found after marriage. He - he chased my mum away for her."

~

"Younghoon hyung," Juyeon called him suddenly, "Is Jaehyun hyung alright?"

"Yeah, just became clingier than usual...did something happen?"

"Uh," Juyeon paused, "I don't know why we only knew after all these years, but Jaehyun hyung and I seemed to be soulmates. Then he refused to talk to me now."

"You - what? You two? Soulmates? I never knew?"

"Oh, he didn't tell you?" Juyeon asked.

"It's Juyeon, is it...?" Jaehyun came out from the bathroom and rested his head on Younghoon's shoulder and hugged his waist. "Juyeon, I'm sorry. I'm...anxious."

"Oh, it's fine. Just don't suddenly disappear next time, yeah? I'll hang up!"

Younghoon turned his head slightly and carressed Jaehyun's hair. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Sorry...Like I said, I'm scared, and I prefer not to talk about it." Jaehyun said.

~

No wonder - it all made sense now. Why Jaehyun never felt happy when their friends found their soulmates. Why Jaehyun always seemed to laugh it off when others asked about his soulmate. Why Jaehyun didn't even tell him that Juyeon is his soulmate. Why he looked utterly upset when Younghoon mentioned the topic.

"Hyun," Younghoon leaned a bit closer to Jaehyun, "Baby, look at me."

Jaehyun did.

"I know Kevin likes calling me a hoe, but I really ain't one."

"Mr. Kim Younghoon, that's the worst opening I've ever heard."

"Ah - shut up, I can see you are trying not to grin," Younghoon pouted, "And don't try to pull the 'my face is always like that' to me. Only Juyeon can say that."

"Okay okay - please continue."

"Look, I did find my soulmate. But I barely know him, while I have known you for almost my whole life. I won't leave you for a stranger, even if he's my soulmate."

Jaehyun remained silent, so Younghoon continued, "You didn't leave me for Juyeon - well, you stick with me even more after that. What kind of asshole am I if I leave you?"

"Younghoon..." Jaehyun sighed softly, "I - I am sorry. For not trusting you enough."

"Don't be. I guess it's pretty hard when your dad ruined the beautiful image of soulmate." Younghoon stood up to leave a peck on Jaehyun's forehead. "I am not going to repeat your dad's mistake and I promise you I will be together with you forever."