i

I'm awake.

I immediately need to figure out who I will be today. I open my eyes, and I need to know the tone of my skin, the size of my body, the length of my hair, the color of my hair, and if I'm a girl or a boy. Everything that needs to be done already a routine for me, I just need to execute it.

I skip from one body to another every. It sounds insane, and it sounds like it must be hard for me. (Well, it is.) But once you're used to the idea of not having your own personal body, you'll get the hang of it.

I wasn't always some sort of presence hopping from body to body. I was once normal, with a normal life. With, well, a body.

I was a girl named Jade Thirlwall.

Though, I remember nothing from my life. I've tried to remember, but nothing worked. I only remember my name and how old I was when I died.

I was eleven when I died. I don't remember anything else, apart from that and my name. I don't know what kind of life I used to live. I don't know where I lived, I don't know what I looked like. I don't know who my friends were — nor did I know if I even had any friends. I don't remember my father and mother. Neither do I remember if I had siblings.

I don't even remember what I looked like.

Everything used to frustrate me back then. I didn't know anything of my past, I didn't have a permanent body to stay in, and I'm trapped in a cycle that never seems to end.

But I've learned to accept it.

I access this person’s memory, and I immediately find out who I am.

I'm a girl named Leigh-Anne Pinnock. She's seventeen years old, and she's a junior in high school. It's the first day today.

Through this, I immediately know what I need to do throughout the day.

My phone — or, Leigh-Anne's phone, vibrates under the pillow, and I immediately make a move to get it. When I press the power button on, I see that she has 63 unread messages. I loom at the topmost contact, and from that, I immediately know that it's Leigh-Anne's friend who had messaged.

It still amuses me how memory works for me. I don't have my own memories. When I wake up, I immediately know what the person wants, and what it needs. It's automatic. The next day, I don't entirely forget what had happened the day before. There are still significant moments that I remember — like who I was just yesterday. I choose what I want to remember.

The phone in my hand vibrates again, and I've gotten another message from her friend.

(7) Messages from: Dinahsaur

The mind tells me that it's a girl named Dinah. She's blonde, tall, and one of Leigh-Anne's best friends.

Dinahsaur [5:34 AM]
It's the first day of school omg

Dinahsaur [6:12 AM]
WE'RE JUNIORS

Dinahsaur [6:23 AM]
Are you awake now xDDD

Dinahsaur [6:23 AM]
jk, don't mind the xD lmao

Dinahsaur [6:30 AM]
I'm at school now, literally nobody is
here

Dinahsaur [6:31 AM]
I'm assuming you're getting ready

Dinahsaur [6:31 AM]
Don't die, drive safe xx

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of messages sent, but Leigh-Anne's probably used to it.

Her alarm goes off — it's 6:32 AM already. When Leigh-Anne wakes up, the first thing she does is take a shower.