episode two: alley & cigarettes

EPISODE TWO.
livin' in ruins of a palace within my dreams. 

3421 words.

Working the same shift as his best friend was a real steal for Jaehyun. It doesn't happen all the time but with his right use of charm and the trust the manager puts on him, he managed to convince the manager to have Seulgi work the same shift as him. Jaehyun has been working on the convenience store inside the campus town for half a year though it wasn't a good pay, but it will do for him. He can study or do his homeworks when it's the dead of night behind the counters and it has been pretty chill most of the time. The elite class also rarely visits the convenience store for obvious reasons.

When Seulgi mentioned she needed a new part time job after quitting the job she had that was difficult for her to balance for her senior year, Jaehyun immediately referred the convenience store he was working for.

Jaehyun worked with a few faces from before behind the counter but having his best friend to work alongside with him wasn't a bore anymore for the male. And with the two of them working the same shift, their other best friend, Doyoung would always frequent the convenience store to hang out or just simply do his homework there.

The trio have been together since their freshman year while seulgi was in sophomore. Technically, Doyoung and Jaehyun have been best friends since highschool and after being admitted to the same university, they met Seulgi who was Jaehyun's friend and neighbor.

Seulgi spotting Jaehyun on their first day was a blessing in disguise as the older offered to help them get around the campus. Soon enough, the three of them started to spend time during their vacant. It may be an odd combination of a trio; Jaehyun and Doyoung who were a year lower than Seulgi, but it worked out for them.

Being in the same social class, interests and struggles - the trio's bond was strong, almost like real siblings looking for each other but they did drop the formalities between the three of them, as requested by Seulgi for a reason that she doesn't want to look older by other people.

Like a concerned big sister, Seulgi who was unconsciously taking the role for years, looks over at Doyoung with a frown. "You're going to tutor an elite?"

"Yes, Seulgi"

"I-"

"Like I said for the umpteenth time, I'll be fine. Stuck ups don't bother me. I just need the money" Doyoung sighs, as he finishes the cup of noodles while leaning against the counter.

It was almost 1am, and the convenience store rarely gets students by that time.

"Doyoung has a good record of staying unbothered by the elites" Jaehyun reminds, looking up from his textbook and laughs, his mind replaying the flashbacks when Doyoung had brush off multiple elite students like dust. Which, offended them, obviously.

"Right, of course" Seulgi finally laughs along in relief. "How can i forget? so who's the lucky elite to have your presence grace them?"

Like poison rolling off his tongue, Doyoung replies with so much distaste on his tone, "Park Sooyoung"

"Oh."

"Holy shit, man."

Doyoung's friends made it sound worse, and he can't blame them. Park sooyoung, or who was more known as Joy; was a Grade A bitch, a Regina George incarnate and a spawn of satan.

So how did doyoung end up getting a job for the she devil that wears Prada? He was chosen by the head of the medicine department to tutor an elite with an outstanding pay - and Doyoung can't say no to a fair amount of cash. Even after finding out the devil he must work with, Doyoung just can't let go of the amount of money he can earn.