Chapter 1: Amarantine

Hey everyone! I’m Bee! I’m kinda new here and it’s my first fanfic. Hope you’ll give me some guidance here! Thank you for reading! <3

Story and characters (c) Stephenie Meyer :)

 __________________________________________________________________________

I was startled by the sudden rain which woke me up. Judging from the sky, it must be around 6 in the Evening. I looked around and saw trees. I stood up shakily and waited for a car to pass, which was almost hopeless considering the dark and wet road. It’s dangerous to drive in this condition. I took my things and walked along the road without direction. It was what felt like ages until I saw a signboard ‘FORKS 2KM’.

I sighed and looked around for any signs of car, but none shows any sign of coming. The rain was starting to be very violent, but I continued walking. Around half an hour later I found myself in the middle of a forest. I have no idea how I ended up to this place. I sighed as I continue to walk, ignoring the thunder and lightning even though I’m very much afraid of them. Then suddenly, as if things could get any worse, I heard a rustle behind me. I tried to ignore it while my eyes frantically scan the area for a place to hide or something for a futile defence. I think I slipped on the rain, because the next thing I know was darkness.

“Is she okay?” A voice asked, “Alright Embry, CONFESS! What did you do to her?” another masculine voice accused. “I didn’t do anything! I was on my way here and I saw her trip herself and blacked out!” the guy called Embry replied.

“He’s innocent…” I coughed as I tried to sit up, everything is so blurry! “Here, have a drink…” a female voice offered a glass of water. “Thank you…” After a few gulp my sight came back and I choked on it at the sight of hot shirtless men. “I…! *cough* Sorry I *cough* oh shit… I mean I’m sorry to disturb a personal event!” I blushed as I jumped from my spot struggling to the door.

A hand held my waist as laughs echoed the room, “Wait. We aren’t doing anything perverted girl” The masculine voice spluttered. “Yea! Tell her Sam/Emily” they all yelled together then continued with long howls. “Okay, now calm down and I’ll let you down okay?” Sam sighed as I nodded.

What made me came back into this position again? The gods must hate me! I tried calming down and my body was released. I looked around the house again; it’s just a normal house with big hot shirtless guys. I can feel the heat creeping up my cheeks as they gazed upon me.

“Hey, sorry if we scared you… I’m Emily. What were you doing in the woods in this horrible weather?” The lady, Emily smiled as she ushered me to sit down, “I think I was left here?” I answered with another question since I’m not sure what happened too. “Left?! You’re left in this weather in the middle of nowhere???” Embry gasped.

“Wait… I know you.” Another guy stepped forward, “You sure Jake?” another asked, “Oh course Jared! You’re Amarantine right? Amarantine Leslie?”

I just stared at him; I have no recollection of him at all. “Yes… You are?” I asked him. “I’m Jake! Jacob Black? That’s mean to forget about me you know…” He grinned sheepishly. “Holy--! She Amarantine? Rainy??? You remember us don’t you?” the others chimed in with happy faces.

I started getting scared. I have no idea who they were and yet they know me? “It… It’s getting late, I need to go…” I located the door and made a run for it. Unfortunately the door opened and slammed me in the face, “Who’s this?” he asked as I groaned holding my face. “Sheesh, could you at least help me up first?” I grumbled as I rubbed my left cheek.

Suddenly he growled at me and left. “Did I say anything wrong?” I asked the other guys who were a shade paler than before, “I’ll go get him” Jacob offered with a sigh.

“Come on, I know you’re lying, you’re welcome to sleep here tonight dear. I’ll drive you to town tomorrow okay?” Emily smiled and ushered her to an empty room. “Okay, she definitely isn’t Amarantine dudes,” Embry started, “Amarantine has a long beautiful hair and the sweetest smile anyone could muster, not a messy short pink haired robot face. I mean really? Pink??” he slumped on his chair.

“Someone’s in looooveeee!” Quil whistled, “Hey! It was years ago okay? Years!!” Embry defended. “You think Paul did it?” Sam asked suddenly, breaking the silence.

“What do you—ohmigod! You mean he imprinted on Rainy?” Quil eyes were wide, “That will be a perfect explanation about why he just left like that!” Jared smiled.