Chapter 3: Accepting fate

-Paul’s POV-

The night ends and the guys went back home. Everybody went to sleep until I heard a noise from the guest lavatory; which was supposed to be unused. I went out of bed and snuck up to whoever was in the lavatory for an ambush. I clicked the lights on and I saw Amarantine vomiting her whole dinner into the toilet. Her face went pale as she looked at me and she started giving me excuses about why she’s out of her room.I was disappointed, but soon it became confusion. Why did she apologize and rant about excuses? She could go around the house if she wanted to. I stepped forward to calm her down but she raised her hands in defense, creating a distance between us. I can see her shivering, waiting for the moment of impact and I realized, she must be abused. I retreated further away from her and waited for her to calm down.

 “Are you okay?” I asked carefully, avoiding scaring her. I realized karma slapped me as my voice was filled with anger. I ran out of the house, avoiding mental trauma to the girl. I never felt this angry before! I slammed my fist on a tree and shifted. I ran onto the cliff where we use to cliff jump and let go of my stress there. I came back calmer an hour later to find Amarantine sleeping on the front porch. I ran to her and hold her up, I flinched at how cold her skin was. I brought her in her room and blushed as I need to hug her to warm her up. I brought her to sit on my lap on her bed and pulled a blanket on her. She was using my shampoo to shower, but it didn’t hide her lovely scent. I smiled as I hugged her closer to me, and with that, I drifted to a dreamless slumber.

I felt struggling as I felt the sunlight seeping through my eyelids. I opened my eyes to see a pale and horrified Amarantine trying harder to get out of my arms. “Are you okay?” I asked as I let go of her, she ran away and turned into a ball in a corner. I got up from the bed and walked towards her, “Are you okay?” I asked again, “You can talk to me if you want…” when she didn’t reply I sat in front of her without initiating contact.

“My parents divorced when I was 12…” I was hoping to start a conversation with her but she didn’t reply. I was about to say the next sentence when she cut me, “Did your father beat you too?” Does that mean her dad beats her? “Nope. My dad’s living with me now. My dad’s a drinker and my mom couldn’t stand him.”

“My dad drinks too… He wasted our family’s entire money on booze. My mom works too much and stressed out so she bailed on me…” She whispered. I can sense something’s wrong in her words but I tried to believe it for the mean time. “So how did you managed to arrive in Forks?”

“I don’t remember…” she whispered again. “Were you waiting for me last night?” I asked sheepishly, “Yes… I’m afraid I did something to offend you… You’re the only one being cold to me… So I thought…” she blushed. “I’m sorry…” I whispered, what I didn’t realize is that my face is infront of hers, and I kissed her.

It lasted what felt for me like hours, but in reality, it was a matter of seconds because with that, she pushed me and ran away. A wrong move to make indeed and I was just starting to know her! I can feel myself convulsing in anger and irritation so I brought it out to the woods.

After a quick run to throw my tantrum I headed back to Sam’s until I caught a disturbing scent, Vampires. Those cold blood leeches dare to take a step into their territory?! I notified the others and went ahead.

My heart felt very uneasy and it was bothering me too much to stay in my human form, and proven correct, a loud yell echoed in the woods. That’s Amarantine! I tried to remember her scent and let my instinct take control, leading me to her exact location. What I saw infuriates me. A vampire was strangling her on the floor; I could barely hear the faint beat of her heart! It was fury all out for me and I ripped his sorry ass off. The filthy leech didn’t even notice me behind him right until the time of his death.

“Oh god, Amarantine!!!” I yelled, as I realized what had happened. I pulled her in a hug, I couldn’t imagine a world without her…

I’ve imprinted on her.