Perfect

Story Name:- Perfect

Word Count:- 5200 words
Published on:- 16th March 2019

//-//

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead

There, I saw him standing right in front of me holding the guitar in his hand with a mike in front of him.

His intense gaze on me were enough to make those chubby cheeks of mine to become as red as tomato as the blush seared through my cheeks.

That's what he call me. Tomato. His Tomato, whenever my cheeks swell with anger. But now see, he got me all red by just singing a song with those intimidating eyes on me.

Today, it was something else in his eyes. It wasn't the first time I was seeing him sing a song for me, but I knew, everything was going to change between us from now.

Nothing would remain same but the fact that I am his and he is mine would stay as universal as it has been since last twenty three years of our lives.

It was my twenty seventh birthday, and I was dressed in a beautiful dress looking like a princess. Or that's what he made me feel. While he was standing there, dressed in his tuxedo that matched mine looking just like the prince of my dreams. Giving me a fairy-tale life that I had always dreamed off.

Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me.

His words made me remember those days when we met for the first time. He was five and I was just four, walking in the garden of our school all alone with those two pony tails dancing on the top of my head as I walked away from everyone.

I had a games period, while he was there, just playing his guitar probably bunking his class.

Studies were never his thing.

I walked down to the other end of the garden to sit on the bench that he was already sitting on with tears rolling down my cheeks because apparently no one in my class liked me.

Well, that's what happens when you jump right at the middle of the semester because of your dad's transfer issue.

Oblivious of his presence, I sat there, holding my diary that happened to be my only friend, close to my heart while talking to myself.

That's what I always did when I'm upset and still continue to do so.
Some habits just don't leave your side, just like him.

"Why did dadda had to send me in this sool only" I said in my baby voice. "I halte every one, they are so bad. Ayyippa! Punish dadda, okay!?"

"Hey, baby girl!" he said as he kept his guitar beside him and that's when I actually noticed him.

He looked taller than other people of his age. A lambu khamba since forever he was.

He bent a little wiping away my tears.

"No one liksh me here" I said with a pout as more tears rolled down.

"But, I like you" he said as I looked at me blinking my eyes.

"You do?" I asked as a twinkle appeared in my eyes.

"Yeah! You are cute and beautiful. How can someone happen to not like you, I wonder?" He said gently smiling at me.

Well, not love but he did liked me at first sight.