Sunday

There's a creaking sound by the door, and it's coming closer. I jumped around trying to find a way out and hoping that whatever was out there wouldn't hurt me. There's no way out. It's right outside my door and I started to hyperventilate. The door was starting to open. I closed my eyes knowing that I would not see the light of day again.

"What did I tell you! You were supposed to clean your room while I was gone."

I opened my eyes admitting defeat. "Mom I can explain!!! There was this monster that told me if I cleaned my room, it would kill me". I knew this tactic wouldn't work but it is always worth a shot.

"Xavier, you of all people should know that won't work on me".

"It was worth a shot, Mom". I just wanted to play my games and not have to worry about cleaning my room. Sometimes I wish that it would go back to the good old days. "Weekends are meant to have fun, not clean all day."

"Well, maybe you would have more fun if I didn't have to clean your room for you all the time" Mother said.

"Fine if I clean my room, can I have more time to play." I said, hoping to get a deal with her. Negotiations are always fun to make, it will benefit both of us.

"Only if you go help me carry in the groceries."

"Deal" I signed in relief. I always wanted to be a business man when I grow up, but there is no way that is happening. Plus since my father is only home like 3 times a month, I couldn't really ask him how he became such a good business man.

Finally, I got done cleaning my room and helping my mom with groceries. I walk back to my room and get on my game for another 6 hours before calling it quits.