Part one of one 1/1

"Goodbye sweeties!" Yelled my mom before they left for the airport.

"Have fun but not too much fun without us!" Yelled back my little brother, Stephan.

"Bring back presents oh, and love you guys!" I yelled louder than everyone.

My parent's going to the states on a little get away leaving me and my brother home alone. I am Rebecca Habit, but people call me Becca. I was born on April 15, 1999. Yes, I know the day Abram Lincoln died, the day the Titanic fell to the ocean floor(not the day it hit it iceberg)and the day my parents leave for the states. My family and I have a sled dog team: the best in the town till nine years ago a turd came along and ruined EVERYTHING. My parents were very stressed enough having to take care of me and the dogs. Then, he came and the dogs now race little because of it but know; I'm getting off track...

"Bye mom, bye dad, I love you" I shouted before they got in the old- model 2009 mustang; which as have 5 or so users beforehand. Stephan and I waited till the dust for the old red clay road blocked our view of the car.

"Sis? Can we play hide and go seek?" questioned Stephan.

"Um, what makes you think I will?" I questioned back with my hand on my hip and with a bit of sass.

"Well you see you love me and I think that is a good reason," he said mocking me with sass and hand in his hip.

"Fine-eee," I said signing

Two hours later; it started rain a bit, "Stephan get inside, now!" I yelled. Then, I heard a pair of feet behind me and a weight jumping on me and knocking me down.

"You bloody retard, I almost died of a heart fail!" I scowled him "Just hurry up and get inside."

I heard him mumbling behind me.

"MMM, what was that Mr.?" asked him.

"Nothing loser," he replied. Just as I was about to reply back, it started pouring down rain, and we were a half a mile away from home.

"Run!", we shouted at the same time.

"Globe," I said stated.

"What?," he said trying to yell over the rain.

"Tell you when we get home..." I also tried yelling over the rain.

"YEAH! We are home- I call shower!" squealed Stephan.

"Ok, ok, just hurry up!" I hollered. Ten minutes later, he walked in on me reading The Hobbit.

"Um, I'm not feeling too well," he said to me coughing.

"Go to bed you we feel better in the morning-Loser." I said back. We said our goodnight; I continued to read. At around midnight, I got done reading, then out of blue. I heard the running of foot steps and very- dreadful cough.

"Stephen?" I said into the darkness.

At that moment, I heard a slight faint- help I ran up stairs to be greeted with a not so pretty sight, my little brother over the toilet coughing, coughing up-blood. Within two seconds, I had Stephan on the sled with all the dogs hooked up to it.

"Mush!" I yelled to our lead husky; Simon. They were so happy to finally be out and move their legs.

"Oh my GLOBE," I thought to myself, "Stephan could die!".

"Oh no oh no," I think to myself as we near the cross roads. One way 13.6 miles away with a sure doctor or 6.8 miles away that may not have a doctor.

Take the one 13.6 miles away by the time it takes to get there, he is already dead, but there in hope the doctor could help him. Take the other and there may be no doctor but there will be a time before the farewell.

"Come on Becca! He could have only five minutes left thought to myself. I started to turn the 13.6-mile path but quickly turned the dogs and hurried them down the road. She saw the sun rising over the town when she got there, Stephan was quickly brought to the doctor, the E. R and no one would tell her what was going on till the morning of April 16.

On the morning of April 16,2014, Stephan was told he had cancer; he only had one year to live. Then on April 15,2015, the next year Stephan died; just one more thing why I hate my birthday. Today it is April 15,2026 and to remember my brother I went by his grave and didn't have flash-backs to all the good times we have had. The flash backs- I hated because of the fact that I will never be able to have those times with him. I loved it because it was I had a bit of him back, and it was like I was reliving those days-the happy ones where I wasn't the only child(Stephan), thousands didn't have to cry over family(titanic), & we didn't have to grieve off the lose of a president(Lincoln).

_____________________

More OR NAH? Don't do that ever? Mmkay...

Bai for now my cookies🍪👋

-Sammy💕