Chapter Thirteen: Eight!

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Sawyer, happy birthday to you!" She blows out her candles:

"Yay!" We do cake first right after pizza because no one could wait. Cassie and I are helpers at Sawyer's 8th birthday party. Seven of her friends came: Rosa, Liliana, Marie, Caylee, Maxie, Jaelynn, and Ana Leigh (it's pronounced Onna Lee).

"Ee-yay!" Mia is clapping her little hands and giggling. She reminds me of myself when I was younger. I smile.

Dad cuts everyone a slice and and we eat. I take out my phone and take a selfie to add to my Snapchat story, plus videos of Sawyer's birthday. It'll be on Bratayley too, since Mom and Dad filmed the whole thing.

Bratayley had just surpassed 10 million subscribers, and we were all psyched. Sawyer had even said, "This is like my early birthday present!"

Speaking of which, we're doing presents now! Sawyer opens Jaelynn's gift, which is a blue flip-sequin backpack. To make it short to you, here's what everyone got her:

Rosa: 2 Beanie Boos. One's a giraffe and the other one is a monkey

Liliana: super cute jacket!

Marie: friendship bracelets

Caylee: really cool photo frame!

Maxie: art kit

Ana Leigh: new boots

It's time for Sawyer to open the presents from us (meaning me, Mom, and Dad)!

We hand her the first one. It's in a long box she opens it and gasps.

"An American Girl doll!" She exclaims. She holds it up high in the air.

"Which one is it?" Asks Mom.

"Blaire!" She replies. "Blaire Wilson!"

Blaire has wavy red hair and green eyes. I smile, remembering how I used to love American Girl dolls when I was younger.

Sawyer and her friends all play party games and stuff like that. Then the girls have cake again (marble, I know Sawyer loves it), and when the last person to leave (Caylee) leaves, we tell Sawyer that we have another surprise gift for her.

"Really?" She squeals and hugs me and Mom and Dad and even Mia.

"Yep," says Mom. Dad is filming everything as Mom gives her small box.

"An iPod!!! Thank you so so so SO MUCH!!!" She screams.