#PerfectDate

Dear Ethan,

You may not notice me, and that's okay. I'm the co-worker who doesn't talk much but still laughs at your jokes. You always have a friendly smile for me when we end up with the same shift. I hate when my shyness gets in the way of what I want. And what I want is to be able to just go up to you and say; "Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me sometime?"

You would look up at me surprised and then smile. "Yeah. How about tomorrow night?"

I would smile shyly and nod, "Meet here at six in the evening?"

"Sounds like a date." You smile a sexy smile as you go back to stocking the shelf as I stand behind the register. After our shifts end, I'll head home and plan our perfect date. I would stress about what I should wear. You don't seem like the type to go for a fancy dinner, neither am I. We'll settle for a movie, a comedy. Something we'll both enjoy. After laughing all through it, we decide to go to a fast food place and order burgers, fries and milkshakes.

As we eat, we chat about our favorite parts of the movie, laughing even harder as we reenact them. We'll start to chat about our likes and dislikes, what we want to do with our lives. As the night continues on, neither of us wants it to end. "Want to go for a drive?" You'd ask me.

Smiling I'd say. "Of course!" Taking your hand, you lead me out to your truck. We drive down the road, music playing softly in the background of us laughing and talking. Finding us an empty parking lot, you let your truck bed down and help me up on it. Hopping up next up to me, you take my hand as we look up at the stars.

I would lay my head on your shoulder, sighing contently. I would feel you move your head to look at me and I would turn to look at you. I would lean in forward a little, giving you permission. Taking the hint you would kiss me softly, cupping my face in your hands. The perfect end to a perfect night. The perfect night. The perfect date. If only I had the nerve to ask you, but I don't.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I watch you finish stacking up the last shelf of the night. You look over at me and give me a sexy smile. My heart quickens as I smile shyly back. I look down at the paper in front of me. Ripping it up I throw it in the trash as you walk up towards me.

"Hey, Michelle. I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow?" You say giving me another sexy smile.

Surprised, I smile back. "I'd love too."