Promposal

Walking through the school hallways, I looked around the school. Couples lined the halls with their significant others. Jodie and Francis walked with me as I searched for Dean, my long term boyfriend. Me and Dean had been together for almost two years. I met Dean in sophomore year when he first came to Riverside. As cliche as it sounds, I knew I'd fell hard for him the moment I saw his green eyes. He had swept me off my feet and there was no going back. Through the months, he had given me small gifts and candies just to solidify our relationship. Date nights were my favorite. Disney movies and popcorn never failed to make me smile.
I spotted Dean from a mile away. A smile instantly lit up my face when I saw his shaggy, blond hair. He swept it from his eyes and looked at me. I practically ran to him in excitement. Before I could say anything though, I was met with a sight I would never forget.
White roses. Everywhere. My locker and surrounding area were filled with them. Pictures of us through our relationship were posted as well. I felt tears rise up and looked back at him.
"I thought we decided not to go." I said through tears.
"I couldn't help myself, had to bring the prettiest girl to the dance." He smiled as he lifted a sign.
"Will you be the peanut to my butter and make all the boys jelly by going to prom with me?"
I smiled at the cheesy saying. We had decided months before not to go because I was worried about his money situation. I was overjoyed and couldn't stop the tears even if I wanted to.
"Is that a yes, cause you're making me a little nervous." He said while rubbing his neck.
"Yes! Of course I'll go with you silly."
He handed me a picture book, filled with milestones from our two years. I wrapped my arms around his neck as my two best friends clapped and whistled. Pulling back, I spoke the three words I'd been dying to say since day one.
"I love you."