The Big Surprise

The drive was complete torture, Regina was anxious to see Emma but she was also frustrated that this was taking so long. She’d spent the whole day alone and missing Emma and she didn’t want to wait any more. She tried to distract herself by staring out the window, looking at the rolling waves helped a little bit. She lost herself in her thoughts, thinking about the blonde and how she entered her life in one hell of a whirl; taking over her heart and mind with her gorgeous eyes and smile. She was shook out of her thoughts when the car came to a halt. She took a glance at her surroundings, analyzing the beach that they stopped at. There was a pathway, made out of candles, leading away from the beach and disappeared around a bend.

“Well, out you go then,” John said motioning towards the path with his head.

Regina smiled at him and after taking a deep breath to calm the butterflies in her belly, she go out of the car, smiling as she followed the flickering lights to her destination.

It was cheesy and completely and utterly romantic, something that Regina would never have thought that she’d like.  She enjoyed this side of Emma; actually she loved every part of Emma. The further she walked, the more excited she became and with each step, she walked more quickly. She was just coming around the bend and when she looked up; she saw the tiny dock at the end of the candle-lit pathway. She picked up her pace and hurried down the sand and then she saw her, standing on the dock.

“Emma!” Regina called out instinctively. The blonde was staring right at her with an enormous smile on her face. Regina’s step faltered as she took in the sight of her girlfriend. Emma had on a tiny white bikini and her strong, toned abs were deliciously on display. Regina’s mouth watered and then she realized that she wasn’t moving, so she took off running towards Emma launching herself at the blonde when she was close enough. Regina wrapped herself around Emma’s body, arms and legs tight around the blondes lithe body. She breathed her in, all over her and released a shuddering breath at finally being in Emma’s arms again.

“I missed you so much,” Regina said with her face buried in Emma’s neck. She pulled away and saw Emma beam with love, the type of smile that could melt a person instantly. She frowned and looked down.

“Hey baby, what’s wrong?” Emma asked upon seeing her girlfriend’s distraught expression.

Regina took a deep breath and when she looked up it was with a molting glare aimed directly at Emma. She did not give Emma any time to react as she simply lunged at her with a onslaught of slaps that had Emma blocking and shying away.

“Woah baby! Please! Stop!” Emma pleaded with the tiny brunette.

“You. Left. Me. Alone. All. Fucking. Day!” Regina said, punctuating each word with a slap.  After a few seconds she grew tired and stopped.  Emma peaked out from behind her hands and stepped closer to the breathless girl. Wrapping her arms around her and holding her close.  “I’m so sorry baby; I just had to get your surprise ready. I missed you so much; I promise I didn’t want to leave you.” Emma said as she placed kisses to the side of Regina’s head.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have hit you like that,” Regina replied.  She raised her head again, this time with a watery smile and Emma returned it with gusto.

“No offense baby, but even though you are a feisty little thing, you don’t do much damage.” Emma said, and then she leaned forward and captured Regina’s lips in a passionate and longing kiss. Regina melted into the soft lips and kissed her back; she tried to convey all her emotions in the kiss. After kissing for a moment more, she pulled back.