alex gaskarth married in la one-shot| asaya

"By the power vested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss." Alex's lips crash against mine, and they crash hard. My mother's crying. Mark Hoppus, Alex's best man, is grinning ear to ear. Indigo, your Maid of Honor, is smiling just as wide. Alex pulls away and rests his forehead on mine.

"I love you, Y/N," he whispers. "With every last ounce of my being, I love you."

"I love you more", I whisper back.

"That's not even feasible, babe."

The crisp air of the August evening falls over the LA suburb. The spot the two of us chose to have a wedding was this field, right in the middle of nothing in particular. It was there that ue first met, while he was performing at Warped Tour in 2010. It was the best day of my life, besides maybe this one. I remember exactly how it went down.

"DEAR MARIA, COUNT ME IN!" The whole crowd yelled. I was at the very back, nowhere near where All Time Low was playing. That song was the final song on the set. I snuck my way around back to meet the band. I was successful. Alex walked from backstage and saw me standing there. He shoved the security guard out of the way while the security guard was trying to drag me away, saying "She's my cousin! I haven't seen her since Christmas of last year! Can't I at least say hello to her?"

The guard let me go. He wrapped me in a hug. "Sorry. I saw you waiting, and I wanted to say hello. I'm Alex. What's your name?" he spoke quietly, almost under his breath.

"Y/N" I replied, just as mouse-quiet as him.

"How about I take you to lunch, Y/N, so we can catch up?" he announced, aiming it at the security guard.
"I'd love that, Alex."

He texted the boys that he was taking a friend out to lunch, and he'd meet the boys back at the bus by 4 pm. Once you guys finally escaped the Warped crowd, Alex let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry about that, Y/N. I wanted to be able to talk to you without someone listening in, and without someone proving that we've never met."

"It's totally fine, Alex. I really appreciate it, actually. I'm sure you don't do that for the average fan. Why... why'd you do it for me?"

"You're right about me not doing it for the everyday fan, Y/N. I only do it for the hot ones." he smiled.

"Me? Hot?" I laughed, incredulous. "No, Alex, you're the hot one here!"
"Not compared to you."

"Well, there, flirtatious, if you want hot, you're probably looking at the wrong girl. Stupid fangirl I've got down, though, if you're ever interested in one of those."
"You're the farthest thing from stupid, Y/N. You played the whole cousin thing really well! Anyway, are we still down for lunch? I'm starving!"

"Sure, Alex. Let's get lunch."

That was our first date. There were hundreds of dates that came after that. Then, there was a proposal, in an unfortunate and unplanned power outage in a small San Francisco cafe, and then, we were here. Married, happy, and thank God for Kevin Lyman and the one security guard on that fateful day.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hey my lovelies! I decided to write an Alex Gaskarth one-shot since, let's be real here, he's a perfect angel. Sorry it's kinda short, it's finals week, so I've been trying not to flunk(does a D on my german test count as flunking?) Hope you enjoyed! ~Asaya