Prologue

Life started out just like any other. I was born, attended school, made friends, all around good times. Well, that was how I saw life through my 7-year-old eyes before I grew up and realised the truth about this ugly world at an early age.

People say children won't understand but that's a total lie. We understand to a certain degree and can process information but we just choose to ignore the obvious facts because we don't want to believe the harsh truth. In some ways, as adults, we still do that. We hide away from the truth because we are so scared to find out something that will be extremely painful.

Every day we struggle with the bad memories that haunt us for the rest of our lives. We grow older never forget the bad times. Never letting it waver our everyday lives. We smile to not show our demons hidden behind our eyes.

Even after all this, people just ignore the obvious signs and carry on with their daily lives. People don't want to involve themselves with something that doesn't affect them themselves.

People don't care about anyone other than themselves. All in all, everyone is replaceable. You. Me. Everyone.

Picture this, someone you are friends with has passed away. A friend perhaps? yeah, You will cry and mourn them and remember the good times. But let's face it you move on and forget about them. Sure, you will remember them from time to time but you'll go forward with life but eventually, you will probably replace them with someone else.

Now, I'm not saying you are heartless for doing this, I'm just reciting what you see if you pay attention to what goes on around you.

Being replaceable isn't something you can just shake off. It's a lot like being invisible. You go unnoticed by people unless you have to be noticed for a particular reason. This is how I like to spend my life. Every day its a comfort to know you don't have to worry about peoples lives and opinions of you. Yeah, they probably judge me behind their back but why should I care when cant hear the insults directly?

Being invisible to people has its perks. People just don't notice you. You can observe things without being judged because let's face it, no one takes the time to look at you so you don't have to worry about getting caught.

Unfortunately, this also has its downsides. You start to notice things that you shouldn't.

Sorry this is a short chapter. This is the first chapter and I will probably edit. Please show your support.

vote

follow

comment

share

-Amy-