Chapter 1: genesis

Hacking away in my mine; that's where it all began. Veins of ores at each turn consisting of irons, coals, golds and the occasional redstone. I have yet to see the precious blue gem, diamonds. I didn't mind though, such rare ores weren't a necessity but would be pretty nice to have around. Then again, isn't that any miners dream? To collect diamonds?

Strip mining becomes boring after some time, so I do cave mining instead. Its both more exiting and dangerous. I thrive off the adrenaline i get whenever an mob encounter occurs. Until today.

I slipped my way into a stronghold and found myself upon a nether portal's entrance. Funny, right? I thought strongholds had end portals, and only frames of them at that. They say curiosity killed the cat but I'm not cat and curiosity, like a spirit, seemed to take possession of me and lead me on; Questions lingering in my mind whilst crossing dimensions.

Its exactly what you'd expect of the nether, barren with the exception of the fortress... And a mansion. Wait what? Did the gods include something in a patch that they didn't mention or did I over read something? Perhaps someone lived there or another overworlder built it? Either way, I'm up for an adventure so there's only one way to find out

Traversing the hallways of the fortress to gain distance to this miraculous building. This barren land is so quiet aside the creatures that lived here and any mortal or else would find it extremely lonely. I know I would. A sense of dread seeped in when I edged closer and closer still to the building. Not only that but it sent chills running down my spine at the thought of someone stalking me. Out if reflex I turn around...

There stood a man, no a god, as realization kicked in. This was his home and I've crossed onto his territory. I did not scream, I did not fight. I just stood there, dumbfounded; as if he had an aura of his own, I was on the brink of tears. Atmosphere clouded with melancholy and loneliness.

Did he bring this? This.... Isolated feeling of regret and sorrow? Did he feel it too? What felt like an eternity later he broke the suffocating silence.

"Who are you mortal and why have you come here?" His tone gruff and twisted with a hint of entertainment. But I am no entertainer.

"I come out of curiosity, sir. I mean no harm"

"Then leave. You are not welcome here." And leave I did. I didn't have a death wish so... I trailed my way back home despite the unsatisfactory feeling of being watched once again. But shrugging it off to recover by deep slumber.