Lost

I jumped through Nightmares portal, slipping on the ice that presented itself under my feet.
"WoOAH!" I slid, falling forewords. I could hear the portal behind me close, the faint crackle dissapearing in the wind.
"Ow." I muttered, slowly getting up in order to keep myself balanced. "Ngh. Figures that little shit abandoned me here. Where the fuck am I...?" The answer was pretty quick, I must be near Snowdin no doubt. But which AU am I in..?" My eyes wandered the several trees that surrounded me.

It was beautiful. White lilies and flowers, they littered the tree branches as if a celebration was taking place. The trees were a lovely shade of chocolate brown, and the snow shimmered like glass. Underneath me I was... On a river? No. It was a lake. Across me there was a bench, crusted with ice and covered with a good layer of snow. Carefully, I scuffled to the bench on the nice, solid ground. A small, black rose was blooming through the cracks of the old wood. It stood out like the little cherry blossom it was. My fingertips gently fell over the flower, and the cold withered through my cloths and made itself very present. I shivered visably, and the ghost of a man flickered in and out of view.
"Take the flower, d d d d dumbass." Their voice flicked with each time my grasp let go of the rose.
"Tch. Its just a rose, but whatever." I scowled, taking the rose out of its hiding spot. The thorns dug itself into my skin, but I payed no mind.

Infront of me, a mans ghost stood. Black rux with red accents, a similar rose tucked into his jacket pocket. His hair, short, covered most of his face.
It was Chara.
"What..what AU is this?" Charas triumphant look fell to one of confusion, then to annoyance.

"Oh. Your just some anomalie. Whatever, the name's Chara. Your in Flowertale. Not to be confused with Flowerfell, though." He muttered.

"Wait! That cant be right. Ive only finished Sans and Papyrus' designs..." I hummed. Chara tsked.
"I dont know what the hell your spouting, but if you cant accept that this is where you are then thats pathetic. Cmon, we need to get the real knife from the bushes." Chara led the way out of the forest clearing, back to the path. Like a lost puppy, I followed. I didnt plan to use the knife- no, my episode was over.
I would have to apolagize to Ink, and see if I could get this stupid mark off my forehead.
Soon enough, we were at ruins gate. It was covered in Ivy, but hadnt been opened recently. Good. Frisk hadnt fallen yet, then. I picked up the knife, and crouched infront of the camera. Gently, I picked it up before smashing it on the path.
"Sorry Alphys. But its not nice to watch somebody behind their back." I muttered, before turning away from the remains and made my way down the path. Past the large branch, which snapped not moments later. Chara had long gone, as the rose was tucked gently in my own jacket pocket, a similar fashion to Chara's.
My steady jog slowed down to a stop, stopping infront of the old, way too far apart bridge. The crunch of snow could be heard, Sans' footsteps, I could guess.

"D o n ' t y o u k n o w h o w t o g r e e t a n e w p a l...?  Turn around and shake my hand..." His classic line rung through the heavy silence, but his voice was not as low and Original's. It was softer, lacking the lazy tone Original always had.  I turned around, slowly, facing the skeleton monster. Carefully, as I couldnt remember which prank this skeleton had, I shook his hand. Huh. Nothing. Guess he wasnt much of a Comedian, like the others.
"The names Sans, Sans the Skeleton. Say, do I know you?" The Skeleton came into view, wearing his bright blue, fluffy jacket. Instead of a plain white tee, he wore a flattering green turtleneck paired with the regular basketball shorts.

"The names Y/N. Im afriad you have not met me. Ive met you, but thats another story for another day." I let go of the handshake, returning my hand to my pockets and moving through the open gate. Sans followed behind.
"Ya know, im supposed to be on watch for humans right now." He chuckled. "But thats not really my style. But now bro- hes a human huntin' fanatic. You should see his puzzles- oh I think that's him up ahead. You might want to hide behind that convientiently placed old lamp." He spoke casually, walking up infront of the lamp to greet his brother. I nodded, moving to the lamp.

But I was much too tall, as the lamp went to my knees at its tallest. It was the opposite of convienient.

"SANS! YOU LAZY IDIOT! YOU DIDNT EVEN SPRUCE UP YOUR STATION LIKE I ASKED YOU? HOW ELSE WILL WE LURE HUMANS IN!" My gaze moved to the newest character, Papyrus. I still hadnt found them nicknames yet, but here he was. He had his pale battle armour on, such like his original counter part, however instead of spandex on his pelvis, low riding pink pants hung loosely off of his skeleton, an Arum Flower slipped through the belt loops and his scarf had been replaced with a dark blue cape.

"WAIT- SANS IS THAT A HUMAN?" I cringed, waving past the lamp

"WAIT- SANS IS THAT A HUMAN?" I cringed, waving past the lamp. Whatever trance Willow had been placed under, had promptly dissapeared at the new dialogue.

"uh...yea paps. it is. say human, what's your name?" Willow's pupils dissapeared in the blink of an eye, as it was quickly made known that I wasnt the human of this timeline. Chara hummed, his voice high pitched and disturbing.
"Oh what shall you do, Y/N¿" he cackled, holding his gut as his ghostly form hovered beside me.

"Ahah... Sans...you wouldnt do something you would regret..right?" I spoke nervously, backing away from the two brothers. While they were softer compared to other aus, and even compared to original..they still packed a punch.

"oh... i think i would."

"Haha... im gunna run now. Catchyoulaterwillowbye!" I jumped up, running away from the two skeletons.
"SANS! AFTER HER!"  Chara was now laughing hysterically.
"Fucking godamnit, if only Nightmare didnt shitting put me in the godamn au!" I muttered, dodging bone attacks and jumping away from Willow. Arum, this universes Papyrus, was also hot on my tail beside his brother.
"NIGHTMARE YOU FUCKING BASTARD! YOU LEFT ME HERE!"  I flipped off the ceiling of the underground, before tripping into my face. Willow and Arum stood infront of me, clearly confused.

"...Its not like you can kill me." I muttered.
"You dont even know what a SOUL is. You just know basic things..flowers... easy to crush." I slowly got up, stretching.
"See this flower? This is what your universe calls SOULS. It is not mine." I gently pulled out the red rose.
"Sans...you should know who's this is. Can you spot my SOUL, Sans? I can find yours..." Sans' magic flared up, and a bone shot through the red flower.

But nothing happened.

"BROTHER, WHERE IS THE HUMANS SOUL? " Arum asked, his loud voice echoing through the trees.

"i dunno bro... i cant see it anywhere." Willow looked confused, grabbing me by my shirt with a menacing look.

It wasnt very affective.
"I told you. My soul isnt like yours. Hell, im not even sure if it's like originals. Havn't seen it just yet." I shrugged, looking down at Willow blankly.

"I dont care about your soul kid. Papyrus. Can you grab me my spare paint?" His brother, confused, nodded and marched away.

"Hey hey hey... no need to get Ink.." I nervously chuckled.

"Just looking at you makes me sick. How can you even side with him..? " Willow's face morphed to one that mocked pity, but more resembled disgust.

"Oh. Right. Well; yknow how Ink calls himself the creator?"

"BROTHER IVE GOT YOUR PAINT!" Arum rushed in, two cans of paint hanging off his joints.

"..." Willow broke his gaze from mine, looking over at him brother.  "...Place it down gently. What're you talkin about kid..?"

"Wellll..." I dragged my scentence, a growing smirk on my lips. "That isnt true. He isnt a creator, he's merely a painter. You dont know anything about him... I doubt you even know what the X event is... hm. I dont think the X event had even started, anyway. Oh well. Your not getting much out of me. " I looked over at the paint, my grin growing.

"Unless of course...your willing to make a deal with me."