C U R I O S I T Y

"Curiosity. I believe it can change the world. If we say 'why is that?' rather then 'what if..' we would be able to see the world in a different light." I look up towards my class, first day back on the job and apparently I'm boring enough that students are falling asleep. I blow air out of my lungs and start again. This time with a plan to show these kids how I can get this stuff into their heads.

"Wakey wakey, children I will make you learn one way or another." I smile big as people start to listen, as they look behind me and watch the cartoon it suddenly ends, gorans of frustration can be hear and protest of how it ends start. I laugh darkly and they stop. "Curiosity. I believe it can change the world. It can come in many forms, a show ending suddenly, a book waiting for another to publish, a question, a fact, a theory, even a thought can light this spark. Now can anyone tell me why directors suddenly cut moves off?" every hand pops up, all but one. Makes me wonder why they don't want to be seen. "Sam, what's your answer?"

"Has it got something to do with wanting the audience to come to the next movie, like the money they'll get?" he replies wanting me to answer the question for them.

"Yes, anyone else want to add to that? Anyone at all?" I ask keeping an eye on the back of the classroom. When no one answers I get to pick on them.
"You. up the back," I yell, "what's your name?" I hold my hand in front of me in an evil way, as my class tells me.

"Luca Smith. Im new." is all they reply with. I sigh, kids. Not wanting to be seen, can't say I wasn't any better.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Miss. Morningstar," I reply, I walk to the front of the class and turn the screen off. "Curiosity, can get you killed, but that's what makes it fun, the fear we get from getting caught, its refreshing, if no one wants to pay attention they can write a 20 page essay about why curiosity is important in one's life." every student groans. "That includes everyone, by the end of this week should do."

"But thats tomorrow." Zhaleh calls out, outraged. I turn my head to the side.

"Aww, poor thing, I have so much sympathy for you, one more whine I will double it." I yell over the noise.
"You don't scare us!" Tim yells throwing something towards me, I catch it and face him. His eyes change emotion.

"I don't want to scare you, I want to prepare you-"
"For what?" Eli cuts off, look at him, acting all smug.
"Hell." I reply, watching as he deflates. "Curiosity can bring you Hell, now I have a question I want to ask you, I want to know what you think," I walk to the front of the class and write it on the bord.

Why do people think Hell is Bad?

"Try to answer that, for the next two lessons i want to see a 20 page essay about why curiosity is important to one's life while the other is a simple response to this question with evidence from any mythological source or religious book." I sit down at my desk as the bell goes and i start on doing my own.

By; By_My_Hand.