A Suprise

Mike's POV

I got home and went to my room regretting not following Annabeth. I opened up a browser on my laptop and read about her friends incident. It said her and her Uncle were mountain climbing when they heard a loud roar. A large mountain lion came and her Uncle, Avery Smart told her to run and tried to distract the mountain lion to let her get away. The mountain lion attacked him and Trixie.

It said he was in the Urgent Care Unit along with Trixie. I looked at the article pictures and then a notification popped up in the corner. It said Avery Smart died at 5 o'clock today. His niece Trixie Smart is still in urgent care.

I closed the page and went downstairs to eat dinner. My mom made fried chicken and waffles. I ate my meal quickly and went back up stairs to my room.

I heard the familiar purr of a car engine and looked out the window. Annabeth's Mom was pulling out of her driveway in a dark blue Ford SUV. She drove away and then I heard a loud scream emit from Annabeth's house.

Her mom came back 45 minutes later and she went into her house. As she walked through the door she screamed out and disappeared from view.

I raced down the stairs and out the door. I reached her house in a few minutes. I looked through the window and saw her laying on the couch covered in blood. Her stepfather was sitting in a chair opposite of her mother.

One of the windows was missing a screen and I slipped inside. The window was at the corner of the room and I could see her mom better now. Her face was covered in bruises and cuts. Her arms were bloody and her blouse was ripped in several places. Her stepfather's hands were covered in blood and he had a bloody knife next to him.

She tried raising her head and slumped back onto the couch. Her stepfather said,"That bitch of a daughter had child protection press charges against me. You're going to pay for what she did."

He grabbed her arm and pushed her into the wall and she hit her head. Her mom lay there unmoving and he punched her as hard as he could in the face. She let out a cry of pain and said,"Gale please don't do this please."

He leaned in close to her face and said sarcastically,"Sorry I can't do that sweetie."

He grabbed her neck and strangled her until she passed out. He got up, kicked her and dragged her upstairs. He went upstairs for a few minutes then came down smiling and buckling his belt.

I jumped out the window I came in with and raced to my house. I grabbed my phone I had left on the counter and dialed 911. The operator asked what my emergency was. I quickly replied,"My neighbor just got beat by her husband."

"What is your address sir?" She asked.

I said,"19871 Willow Road, Oakridge."

She replied,"Thank you sir an ambulance is on their way. Please stand outside your neighbors home. In case there are any questions for you."

She hung up and I headed outside and waited in front of Annabeth's house. An ambulance came speeding up the road. 2 men came out with a gurney and ran over to me. I led them into her house and they ran upstairs. They brought down Annabeth's mother, she was dripping in blood and her clothes were shredded.

They put her in the ambulance and drove to the hospital. I went back to my house and fell asleep wondering what Annabeth had done.