27

A/N: I love your guys' comments! They make the story feel so real. Thank you everyone for your feedback. Next update Thursday (21).

...

22 days - post fight

"You have to keep going Paige. We're so close," Mac cheered. I don't even think I could have found the strength to roll my eyes. We had been at the gym for the past two hours and there was no doubt in my mind that my arms would not function for the next week. My team was going to Vancouver next weekend for a hockey tournament so Mac decided that I needed to get ahead in my training now.

"I...hate—"

"Yeah, yeah. You hate me. I know. You're almost done. And then we can get out of here," she muttered. I found the strength to finish the set, collapsing backwards on the bench.

"Lookin' good Paige. Little tired?" I heard a voice. This was a public gym, so Mac was always chastising me for losing focus and talking to someone I knew. But that voice—there was no way I could ignore a voice like that. I cracked open an eye and peeked to my left where I found Aiden standing at the next machine, water bottle in one hand and towel in the other.

Mac was on my other side, probably wondering who the hell this was. She doesn't know about Sebastian yet, but I'm pretty sure she's still wary of my taste in guys.

"Aiden, I don't think I've ever been this tired," I groaned, closing my eyes again. Over the past week, Aiden and I had started talking a lot more. At first, it was only when Moira and Ashlee had cheer practice and Brandon, Drake, Alex, and Simon had to leave early for a hockey game a couple hours away. Jared had seen me sitting alone and I could see him starting to walk over, but Aiden must have seen too because he came to my rescue and sat at my table with me. We've been talking ever since.

"So I'm guessing you don't want to go out tonight anymore then?" he grinned. My hands flew to my mouth. He laughed at my reaction and shook his head. "I thought you'd forget."

I sat up on the bench and slapped his wrist. "I did not forget. I just may have mixed up the day. I'm so sorry."

"It's all good. So you made other plans already?" he asked softly. If I didn't know better, I'd say he almost looked disappointed. I mean, when we made the plans, I was clear that it was going to be just as friends. I might have 'dumped' Simon, but that didn't mean I was over him. All I needed from Aiden right now was someone to talk to.

"I made plans, but I'll cancel them. I can meet you at—"

"I'll pick you up at six. Text me your address. Sorry to interrupt your session," he cut me off. Boyfriends pick up their girls before a date. Friends meet their friends at the restaurant.

"Not a problem at all. We were just finishing up. Have a good workout," Mac said politely. When I looked over at her, she was smiling genuinely. Which means that for once, she actually approves of my taste in men. Although, I couldn't tell if she approved of my timing with men. She was the one who had to listen to me whine about Simon four hours a week.

Aiden walked away and left Mac and I sitting in silence.

"Paige, I think you are literally a magnet. Where do you even find all these gorgeous boys?" Mac teased, tossing me a towel to wipe my face. I rolled my eyes, but her words made me seriously consider if going out with Aiden was a good idea. We had never been close, but it seemed like our relationship started with a heated makeout session in a frat house. Now we were going on dates, talking at the gym, texting until three in the morning.

"Nothing's going to happen Mac. So stop—"

She cut me off with an amused sigh. "Paige, I love you, but you've worked yourself into so many corners lately, I'm honestly scared that you're never going to find a way out."