Chapter 12

I am such an idiot.

I will take this moment to my grave.

Why, WHY DO THESE THINGS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME?!?!?!?!

ASDFGHJKLL!!!!!!!

Didi's thoughts are screaming as shadows slowly emerged in the light of Yue's kitchen.

The figures were in her room. But their faces showed they must have heard the whole thing.

Yue looked at him, full of guilt.

"Didi..." Yue started, cautious with his possible violent reaction.

"Happy birthday....?" Yue trailed a little bit, gauging... trying to make light of the situation.

To follow suit, a loud bang reverberated in the whole room when Kuan unleashed one of the party poppers on Didi's face, but instead of cheers, they were met by an awkward silence and Didi's killer gaze.

Kuan must have realised his blunder that he slowly pulled the party popper down and looked at the scolding stares of the rest of the group.

"Didi...we are here to surprise you but... I guess we failed...(?)

Yue cannot seem to form coherent sentences.

Wu Xi Ze, Chen Guan Hong, Li Jiaqi, and Li Xi Zi were all there, all of them not knowing what to say after hearing Didi's sudden confession.

...

...

...

"AIYOOOOOOO, SHEN YUE, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY GOING TO KILL ME!!!"

"I'M SORRY!!! WE WANTED TO SURPRISE YOU FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!" Shen Yue found herself also screaming, her face red.

"Guys, guys, it's not a big deal!" Wu Xi Ze trying to pacify the two.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL?!!!" Didi and Yue both turned to Xi Ze as if they are going to hit him any minute.

It's a big deal for both of them. Didi is embarrassed, while Yue...

she didn't imagine he will confess to her like this, she felt a bit sad, it should have been more special... more intimate. She knew about his feelings, and just waiting for him to find the perfect moment to say it...

And it turned out, it's like this...

"But, I want to spend this time with you, ALONE!!!" Didi turned to Yue to pout.

Yue smiled... erasing her earlier thoughts.

"Thank you for blatantly telling us that we don't matter in this context." Xi Ze interjected.

"Whoa...Whoa...my bro here just wanna comfort you guys!" Xi Zi having Xi Ze's back.

"What do you mean bro? I'm your OG bro, you're supposed to be on my side! Why are you even here?! We were just talking a while ago!" Didi is perplexed upon seeing Xi Zi in this group like, when did they start hanging out in the first place?!

"I told you, I want game night! And Yue invited me, I called to check on you because they've been preparing. Plus, it's not like I know you're going to confess like that, I mean, who does that?" Xi Zi explained.

"Didi, we came here to surprise you please don't be mad... plus..." Li Jia Qi hesitated to say her next statement

"Plus, we didn't know you will blurt out an I love you to Shen Yue just like that...it's no one's fault...you're just embarrassed and we understand."