A StarShip To Earth

A/N: Steven begins his journey to Earth here.

Steven POV:

As I fallowed Blue and Yellow, I couldn't believe this was actually happening!

I'm going to Earth for the first time!

I'll finally be able to visit Earth, see the world where the other half of my form originated, and see dad for the first time! I may have only heard of him from Blue and Yellow, as well as logs from my late mother saying that he was a silly man who was a traveling singer. I'm so excited to see something besides reports, Gems, and HomeWorld in general, it gets so boring here!

"Now Steven, please pay attention, because this next part is very important", Yellow said sternly, knocking me out of my trance. We had all stopped before a regular sized ship, similar to a Ruby's, just slightly taller, all white, and in a diamond shape. In front of it was a Peridot Gem, who had bowed when we all showed up, "Greetings my Diamonds, your ship as requested is ready", she said stiffly. I always wonder if the Gems are made that way or it was special training to make them all act so formal and attentive.

"Very good, now, explain it to Steven, seeing as how he'll be the one inside", Yellow ordered, the Peridot nodding as she directed me towards the ship. I understood and walked over to stand by her as she lead me inside, Blue and Yellow waiting for us outside. It was a standard model with a large captains chair, a bed chamber, and a few cabinets which I assume are full of food and water I'll need.

"As you can see my Diamond, this ship is fully stocked with all that you may need on your trip, as well as a bed for you to rest in. The destination has already been set in the computers, though it will be up to you where you ultimately land on Earth. I made it so the controls are easy to use for when you need to make quick movements and get out of a bad situation. I hope it is to your satisfaction", Peridot explained, the last in a shy whisper to me with a bow.

I sighed and pat her back, shocking her briefly as I gave her a large smile, making her smile as well, "Thank you my Diamond!", she said happily. After the brief tour was over, we both went back to the entrance, her walking out fully while I stayed partially inside. "Dose he like it?", Blue asked the Peridot, "He gave me a nod as well as a bright smile, I can safely say he does", Peridot said. "And there aren't any errors or mistakes inside, it'll be a safe trip to and back?", Yellow asked, her question more stern.

"I had quadruple checked every circuit and triple checked the path the ship will take, he should be able to avoid any outer derby or asteroids. When he gets to Earth, I left that up to him", Peridot explained, checking her holo screens and showing them to Blue and Yellow. They both scanned the screens for any possible flaws or troubles, and found none, making them both nod. "Alright then, great work Peridot unit, you are free to go", Yellow said, standing back up along with Blue.

"It is an honor my Diamonds", Peridot said, giving off our symbol, and then leaving to her own transportation pod. After she was gone, Blue and Yellow directed their attention back onto me, some fear in their eyes. "Now Steven, are you all set, you don't need anything else?", Blue asked me softly, where I responded with a head shake no.

"Will you be alright visiting Greg?", Yellow asked, where I nodded with a wide grin, "Good then, now, you are free to stay as long as you'd like. Just check in with us every week so we know that we know you are ok", Yellow said with crossed arms. I nodded again, that small communicator should be inside when I go looking around, something for me to do. "Alright, we hope you enjoy your trip and that you have a wonderful time", Blue said, a few tears escaping her eyes.

I smiled as I walked out and hugged their robes, making them smile as they kneeled down and hugged me. I may have cried a little, but now I was just excited for my trip, so after the hug ended, I walked back over to the entrance, my back to them. I could feel their sad gazes on me, making me feel bad, this must be hard for them to handle given what they've gone through. Having lost Pink centuries ago and then White, forcing them to live without her and raise me, which they weren't really prepared for.