C H A P T E R 1 4

J U L I A ' S   P O V

J U L I A ' S   P O V .

Weeks have finally passed after that conversation in the forest. We eventually got the three extra points for the quiz since ours worked the best. I spent my days trying to avoid Liam, just because Harry said so. To be very honest, I felt really bad for Liam. I could see the disappointment on his face whenever I ignore his statements in class, or even everywhere.

Well, who am I kidding? I can easily talk to Liam, and get past through Harry's lecture after doing so. He can't stop me from talking to Liam, we have to communicate as well whether he likes it or not.

Walking inside the classroom again this morning, I spotted Liam in his usual place and decided to just sit beside him, since I have no option at all.

I sat down slowly, and dropped my bag quietly on the floor. "Hey," I greeted, facing Liam. It took him a couple of seconds to finally look at me.

"Look, I'm sorry for ignoring you. I understand if you think that I'm a complete arse, he just doesn't want me close to you. I have no idea why, that's why I just abided with his instructions." I guiltily admitted. The look on his face was literally unreadable.

"I understand," He muttered faintly. "You shouldn't talk to me right now, he'll know about this."

I let out a huge sigh, "That's the point. I don't care anymore, I can't just let him control me whenever he wants. He's not even boyfriend." I muttered the last part. He looked at me with widened eyes.

He doesn't speak, but nods instead.

"So... You wanna talk about that thing I told you yesterday?" Liam asks with hopeful eyes. I nodded in agreement and flashed him a smile.

Me and Liam made our way out of the school again once the bell rang. It was nice to finally have a friend, but guilt washes over me once I remembered Harry.

Not only that, I stopped walking once I was out of the doors when I saw Harry leaning on his car. He looked up and saw me with Liam, and Liam immediately shuts up as he saw where I was looking. Us three began looking at each other. His face contorted once again as he made his way towards us, letting out very big stomps of anger as he strides rather quickly on our direction.

"What did I tell you about staying away from her?" Harry growled at Liam as he pulled me back, his cold hands making me gasp.

"You can't stop her from talking to me, you don't even own her!" Liam snapped back as he gritted his teeth.

Harry widened widened his eyes, his jaw clenching like never before. "What did you say to me?" Harry muttered.

"You don't own her, you dead imbecile!" Liam strikes. Before I could make out what happened, Harry had Liam pinned against the wall, squeezing his neck.

Does he know? Why did he mention Harry being dead? Was it intentional? Or did he mean it? Because he knew?

"Harry, stop!" I shouted as I tried to stop him. I couldn't, his strength was too focused on keeping Liam against the wall, with his neck pressed harshly against it.

"Come on, Liam! Show her! Show her what you truly are!" Harry screamed, pressing on his neck even harder. Liam was already gasping for air, his face was red and he was struggling so much.

Even though I really wanted to know what they were talking about, I had to stop this. Liam's gonna die if Harry continues.

"HARRY, QUIT IT!" I yelled as tears made its way out of my eyes. Harry's eyes averted from Liam to me, his chest going up and down at a fast pace.

Harry finally realized that I was crying, so he lets go of Liam and doesn't waste time to embrace me. He held my body tightly, and I rest my head in his chest, still sobbing.

I could hear Liam catching his breath for dear life. He was coughing uncontrollably and he was wheezing.

"I'm so sorry," Harry whispered when he kissed my head repeatedly. "I'm really sorry."

I only hugged him tighter while Liam finally managed calming his body down. We stood like that for a while, and Harry wiped my tears away when each one fell.

I pulled away from the hug to see Liam, leaning hand on the wall and holding his chest. I quickly approached him with no hesitation.

"Liam, are you all right?" I frantically asked. He nodded in response while coughing. "Why did you do it, Harry?"

"It's just... I didn't like—"

"It doesn't matter if you don't like him! I chose him to be my friend, not you! Harry, you can't just lock me up like this. I have every right to talk to anyone I want." I reasoned. He stared blankly at nothing, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I-I'm sorry. Don't worry, I'll never bug you anymore. You don't need to worry about me," Harry declared above a whisper. "You'll never have to deal with me again."

And with that, Harry was nowhere to be seen. He already went away. I widened my eyes in realization. He must've been hurt by what I said. What if something happens to him and it's all because of me? And his last sentence, did he mean it forever? Hopefully not, because I have no idea what to do when I find out that he has left me for good.

"Liam, come on. Let's bring you home," I said. I tugged on his sleeve lightly, and he looked at me.

"Shouldn't I be the one taking you home?" He managed to choke out. I shook my head as a response.

It's funny how this man can be attacked by a vampire and still be okay about it, and even be a true gentleman about it.

"All right then," Liam exhaled.

"Where are your keys? I'm driving you."

He gets something in his pocket to reveal keys, and jingles it in front of me. We both chuckle, and he led our way to his car on the parking lot.