The daughter they lost

Mama and Papa were arguing again. Little Kylie coward under the staircase; she didn't like the yelling or the crying, it hurt her little ears. Clint and Mary were both trying to scream louder than the other, as a result, it wasn't clear what ether was saying or what they were fighting about.

Kylie buried her face in her stuffed bunny's belly. The bunny was old and dirty, but Kylie didn't mind as it caught her tears. "Make it stop," She begged the bunny, "I know you hate me, but you love them so you have to make them stop before someone gets hurt." Kylie was only 4 and hadn't quite grasped that stuffed animals don't talk, "I don't like it when they fight and neither do you, Ingot," after the bunny, Ingot, had failed her she threw it across the room, and it landed under the table that held the family photos.

Kylie decided she'd rather suffer with the bunny and tiptoed across the room to get it. She crawled under the table, but clumsy her, after getting the bunny she tried to stand up while still under the table. The table fell over as did all pictures with a rather loud disruption.

Mary runs past Clint to her child, she pics her up and sets her on the sofa, away from the glass. Then begin to clean it up. Clint comes in like a wolf on a hunt. He picks sets the table upright before turning to Kylie. He pulls her off the Sofa by the hair, Kylie didn't fight just simply stood up. Clint looked his daughter in the eye and hit her so hard she landed next to the glass. He picked her up then locked her in the cubby under the stairs.

Mary looked down at the family photo with tears slipping down her face, "Perhaps you'll see your sister, again, sooner than expected, Ingot," She whispered then set the picture on the table. The Four sets of eyes watched as the glass cut her skin.