Chapter One

Waking up in the morning with a throbbing pain in my head is not my most favorite thing in the world. Eyes half-closed, I felt someone stir next to me. An arm suddenly wrapped around my waist and I was startled. Who the heck did I just fuck last night? Taking a glance over my side, I saw an unfamiliar face who was sleeping soundly next to me. Taking her arms off me, I sat up, rubbed my eyes, stood up and headed for the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face before looking at the mirror. Dark circles were visible under my eyes and I looked pale. My eyes were empty,no emotion can be seen. If a person could see what's inside my heart, they'd see the same thing.

The bathroom door opened and I saw my mom looking at me with that sad face of hers. Glaring at her, I asked why she's here.

"I just want to tell you that there's breakfast on the table. You and your girl can go eat if you want. I'll be leaving for work now.",she said before taking one last glance over me, pity on her eyes, before turning her back and leave.

Why does she have to do that? Why does she have to be sad for my sake? Why does she have to pity me? I looked at the mirror. I didn't see my face. Rather, I see the man who scarred her, and me for life. a lot of people says I look just like him. No! I just can't accept that. I will never be like that man who left us for his own sake! Just because he is too much of a coward to fight for their love, doesn't mean he had to hurt us. That is just so pathetic. He can just stay in his throne in that tall palace of his.

I punched the mirror,hoping that the image I saw would vanish. Warm thick blood was filling the sink and a distorted reflection of myself was on the mirror. I turned the faucet on and started cleaning my hand and the sink. I grabbed the first aid kit from the mirror cabinet and started tending my wound. After wrapping my wound with a bandage and putting back the kit inside the cabinet, i felt an arm wrapped around my waist from behind. I turned and saw the girl on my bed. She trailed kisses on my shoulders.

"Hey baby... Last night was awesome..Wanna shower together...?"she asked,her voice low and seductive. 

I unwrapped her arms around me and pushed her away slightly.

"Out of my way. You can go home now..uh...Ann..or whoever you are..?" I said as i turned my back and headed towards my bed. I just want to sleep.

The girl was suddenly in front of me, her eyes red like she was about to cry and her face was scrunched up. I raised a brow. She started hitting me on the chest.

"Asshole! After fucking last night, you'll just sent me off?! What a jerk! You're all the same!" She screams at my face before picking her clothes and leave.

I stared at the door where she suddenly bolted out before shrugging and collapsing on the bed. What was that about? Why are they always so emotional? Can't they understand the meaning of a "one night stand"? Geez. Not because you fucked for a night, you're gonna be together forever. Its just sex. Girls, well, they just overthink things.

The muffled sound of Papa Roach's Last Resort was blaring from my phone. I took my phone from my pocket and answered it. The familiar voice of my douche-friend was on the other line.

"Hey Josh, how's it going? How was last night? Wasn't she hot? You were so lucky!"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Where the hell are you?"

Mike laughed. 

"Im in California! Wow man, you should be here. There are so many hot ladies ready to fuck you bro!" he said with another laugh.

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever man. I need to sleep. Im hanging up." I said, not waiting for his response and hung up. I felt the throbbing pain in my head getting stronger and my body felt heavy and tired. I rummage through the medicine kit and took two aspirin and a sleeping pill before plopping on the bed, face down.