PROLOGUE

*This is the new, edited and re-written version of my completed story called "He's Bad News". You can read both versions -since the plot line and ending remain the same- as well as the on-going sequel, which is called "He Was Bad News" on my profile. This version will contain more new scenes, new characters, some slight changes in the story line -that don't affect the plot or the ending whatsoever- and it's going to have two different POV's unlike the original book. Also this story supposedly takes place a few years back, in 2015 when i first started writing it in the first place. Don't be confused that the prologue is 'one year ago'.

*TRIGGER WARNING: For minor adult themes such as consensual sexual activity, strong language and drug use.

***

                                                            PROLOGUE

                            RYDER

1 year ago...

  The courtroom was alive from the incessant clamor of the jury as the judge slammed the gavel down the desk multiple times to silence the room; "Order! Order in the court!" he barked repeatedly, succeeding nothing.

Teachers, parents and students, each as opinionated as the last, were screaming from behind us, asking for justice to be given.

I turned to look at Mel, who was standing a few feet away from me, looking pale and annoyed at the same time. She returned the look I gave her, which only meant one thing; we were screwed.

After numerous attempts from the judge, the courtroom was silenced down eventually for the verdict to be announced. This was it.

"As result from the events that occurred May 15th of 2015 on Palm Valley high school, the court has decided the relocation of Ryder West and Melanie, Marie Johnson to Oakheart Town in Westchester County as of July 5th of 2015. Furthermore, a restraining order has been granted for both parties for the further protection of the school premises, the students and the teachers. Both parties will be also serving fifty hours of community service until the day of their relocation. Court is adjourned."

  A chorus of cheers and loud chatters filled the courtroom as I turned to look at my mother who had the same disappointed and crushed look that I had.  I realized then that this time I had really fucked things up. Nothing was going to be the same after this. She had already sacrificed a lot for me and had forgiven me for all kinds of stupid things that i had done, to let me live with this one down.

 And she had every right to. I had just bring our lives completely upside down over some fucking, stupid, drunken mistake. Good job Ryder.

  Let me just start off by saying that from the very first to the very last chapter of this book I'm going to be a huge disappointment –in case you didn't already figure it out.

Surprisingly though, I'm not here to talk about me. The story isn't even about me. It's about them; the Anderson siblings. And how my relocation to their quiet, peaceful and completely uneventful community destroyed their lives.

How I destroyed their lives.