First day of school

Eddie walked into the unfamiliar halls of Derry High School, he had recently moved to Derry from California. He was of course lost and decided to walk over to a curly haired boy.

"Hey I just moved here from California and I don't know my way around here, do you think you could help me find my classes?" Eddie shyly asked.

The curly haired boy looked up from the book he was reading.
"Yeah I'll help you what's your name?"

"Eddie, and you?"

"Stan"

Eddie held out his hand to shake Stan's but Stan just wrinkled his nose not in disgust but confusion because no one does that. So Eddie put his hand down blushing from embarrassment.
As they walked into the halls of Derry High Stan pointed out the classes to Eddie.

"Okay well I have to get to Geometry but don't get lost" Stan said standing in front of Eddie's first class.

Eddie nodded and walked in. The teacher, a middle aged blonde lady introduced Eddie to the class.

"Welcome students to a brand new year, here we have Eddie Kaspbrak joining us this year all the way from California"

Eddie found a seat next to a nice looking boy and settled in.

As the day went by quickly, Eddie arrived to lunch and looked around for an empty seat.

Right behind him a voice asked "Hey Eddie, you can sit with us if you'd like"

Eddie turned around to see Stan the curly haired boy he'd met earlier, "Okay thank you" he replied smiling.

Stan lead Eddie over to a table with the boy Eddie had set next to in class earlier and another boy that Stan introduced as Ben and Mike.

"Hey you were sitting next to me in Chemistry right?"

Eddie nodded sitting down.

"So how was your summer?" Stan asked everyone.

"I read...a lot" Ben said.

"I worked on the farm most of the summer" Mike said after Ben.

Eddie stayed quiet.

"How about you Eddie?" Stan asked.

Eddie blushed. "Um...well when I first moved here I went to the quarry and I met someone"

"A girl?" Ben asked.

Eddie shook his head. "I'm gay, I like boys"

"Ohh" they all said in sync and then smiled.

"Derry isn't the most accepting but we're here for you" Stan said.

Eddie smiled a little "Okay thanks"

"Continue your story" Mike insisted

"Well we spent the whole day together, and he was sweet and funny" Eddie blushed deeply.

"Aww" Ben said.

"Did you get his name?" Stan asked.

"Yeah, his name was Richie Tozier"

Stan choked on his water.

"Are you okay?" Eddie's eyes widened.

Stan nodded then looked at him
"Richie, well he goes here, but um he's sort of trouble"

Eddie furrowed his eyebrows confused. "What do you mean by trouble?"

Stan looked at Ben and Mike.
"Well he smokes and wears leather jackets, skips school shit like that"

"Damn."