The unusual case of Craig Tucker

Craig was sitting patiently on a chair surrounded by doctors.

"Ok, let's see..." One of them said as he examined Craig. Craig spotted a clock on the wall, it read 4:09. He has been in that room for a while now. When was he leaving again?

The doctors whispers filled the room, at the back his family was talking to one of the doctors. Tricia, his sister, was standing behind their parents tapping her foot impatiently, she perceived Craig's stare and sticked her tongue out to him, she was in a bad mood, that's for sure. Unlike Tricia, Craig's parents were silent, listening to the doctors, Craig couldn't understand what expression their faces were showing, but honestly, when has he ever understood?

Something about Craig was broken. He needed to be fixed so his parents took him here to figure out what was going on, not even Craig himself knew what the hell was happening and he wanted to know just as much as his family.

Craig wasn't normal, he was different. In which way? Neither he or his parent knew, but there he was sitting on a chair answering dumb questions and looking for answers.

He stared blankly at the doctors in front of him,

They were trying to find what was wrong with him.

They were trying to fix him.

And they seemed to be failing.

The doctors asked him questions, Craig simply answered. It was always the same routine, the doctors did their job, some of them took notes, some kept asking, others just stared seeming to be lost in thought. It's been a few days since this special sessions started and the doctors still couldn't seem to figure out what was going on inside of Craig's head. He didn't care if they helped him or not but Craig couldn't help but have curiosity about what the hell is happening to him.

What is wrong with him?

He looked at the clock again, this time it read 5:01, meaning the session is over.

Craig then looked at the back were his parents were,
His mother was frowning, his father besides her was talking with the Doctor and Tricia stared intensely at Craig.

He wondered though, what was the doctor saying? Why was his family doing such bizarre faces? Was he sick? What does all this mean? Have they found the answer yet?

After a while the room became silent, the doctors who were just some minutes ago asking questions went quiet. The only thing you could hear was the ticking from the clock echoing silently.

It was a dead short sound

Tik

Tok

Tik

Tok

Tik

Tok

Tik

Tok

.
.
.

It was driving Craig insane.

Craig watched as the doctors analyzed their notes carefully, he tilted his head in utter confusion, this was new, they haven't left the room as they always do after the session is over, did they figured something out?

They started whispering, muttering things quietly between them. They were discussing, taking small glances to where Craig was as if he were to vanish into thin air the moment they stopped staring. The doctor that was talking to his parents before returned, he took a few of the notes and scribbled something down.   He showed the papers to other men and suddenly their faces changed, again, Craig did not understand the facial expressions. What did that guy wrote down? Did they know what was wrong with Craig? Did they finally figured it out?

His mind flooded with questions as a lot of thoughts appeared on his mind.

A doctor made Craig snap out of his thoughts as he asked him a question:

"Craig, how do you feel?" He asked as he lowered himself to Craig's eye level.

Craig was silent for a moment. For some reason he didn't know how to respond, How was he feeling? Was he feeling something right now? How can you feel? He looked at the doctor and opened his mouth to answer but no sound came out. Craig glanced at the doctor eyes who were silently patient waiting for an answer. Craig looked to the ground unsure on how to answer, he knew that he could feel he just didn't know how.

"Craig?" The doctor tried again.

Craig forced himself to look at the man

He looked at him dead in the eye and said:

"I feel nothing"

A small gasp was heard from where his mom was, did he say anything wrong? He just answered the truth.

He did not feel anything.