[ 025. ] THE DANCE

˗ˏˋ 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒 ˎˊ˗
EPISODE NUMBER TWENTY FIVE ,,
(   THE DANCE   )

0:00 ⊙───────── 2:00
↻      ◁ II ▷     ↺

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JOHNNY ADJUSTED THE navy blue bow tie carefully as he examined himself in his bathroom mirror. Afterwards, he went out the bathroom door and threw his black tuxedo coat on his shoulder. It was the night of the dance— the night that Mackenzie had to be trapped in her room with a somewhat indolent mindset and clouded with extremely annoying assignments. Then, suddenly, as Johnny was preparing, someone had opened the door.

"Hey, bro." Lauren spoke, placing a strand of blonde hair behind her right ear. Lauren had been wearing a light blue dress and had her hair was curled nicely.

"Hi, Lauren. Shocking to see you step foot into my room," Johnny chuckled, fixing his hair. "What brings you here?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to remind you that you have the CCTV watchout part— one of the preparation committee members told me to tell you that just in case you forgot." She grinned.

"Wait— what?" Johnny faked out, and for a good second, Lauren was infuriated— her ears looked like steam was going to erupt like the smoke coming from Thomas the train engine.

"I'm messing with you." He chuckles softly as she punches him in the arm. "Wow, that hurt so bad!" Johnny continued sarcastically and received the second punch of the night.

"We get it, Lauren, you're a boxer." He joked and there went the third punch. "Alright, alright, I guess I'm sorry."

"So..." Lauren trailed off, "How are you and—"

Johnny cut her off immediately knowing who she was going to say— after all, everyone had been saying it and he had already gotten used to the fact that there will be heaps of questions about her. Though, he is still adjusting to the loads of notifications from her fanbase.

"Let me guess, you're asking about Mackenzie?" Johnny smirks and Lauren looks away, smiling and nodding.

"I guess you'll just have to see." Johnny laughs as Lauren's jaw drops. It had been awhile since he and Lauren had bonded— even a simple kind of bond was rare. The connection between the two wasn't always there since Lauren was a closed book.

🥢

Tables were set up around the room. Lights were hung up to bring out beaming shine— with a disco ball on the ceiling. Music was played in the background for a good boogie. The stage was up and the sound system was set up by the crew. The smell of food filled in the place. Glitter and confetti were scattered at certain places. It was the Charity Spring Dance.

"Good evening, L.A.A.E.H.S. students! How are y'all feeling this evening?" Mr. Lane, the vice-principal, chimed in with a happy smile. The crowd remained dry and quiet.

"Come on, guys!" Mr. Lane pouted, "Anyway, kudos to our Dance and Preparation Committee for setting things up and planning everything out! I don't know what they'll appreciate, but, maybe give them a follow on Instagram? I don't know what you kids are up to these days."