iii | starting over

the world has changed , and none of us can go back . all we can do is our best , and sometimes , the best we can do , is to start over . ❞

Once again Steve finds himself facing the decision to sacrifice his life to save the lives of others

Once again Steve finds himself facing the decision to sacrifice his life to save the lives of others. Without a second thought, he feels (what he presumes to be a bullet) rip through his abdomen. He didn't feel pain, but a calm that he had done the right thing. Then there was darkness.

When he woke, he foind himself, not in a hospital bed, but on a cot, in a tent. After a quick examination of himself and his surrondings, it reminded him of the war. His uniform neatly folded on the chair beside him, and Bucky. Bucky laid not even five feet from him. He couldn't see his face, but no one snored loider, and even though confused, he smiled on seeing his friend again.

Steve stumbled out of the tent once he was dressed. When they said your life flashed before your eyes, he expected it to be faster.

Scanning the tents and the area around him, he knew immedietly where he was. Portsmouth.

"Ready for morning Captain?" A passing soldier asked.

He didn't respond. What happens in the morning? If this was Portsmouth, that means -
D-Day.
Morning they lauched towards Normandy. How was it possible? Was this a bad flashback? Had he been sent to hell? He was supposed to be dead. Whatever the case, Steve only knew one thing for sure -

He was starting over.

_____

Note: This is partially based on the Endgame trailer, and partially based on comics.