Prologue

Dear Alex,

I thought you loved me. The nights I cried, shedding painful unwanted tears, thinking I could have been better. I guess I was the problem. How stupid of me to think that you were the one. You said you love me, yet your actions show otherwise. I should have learned from the first time, but I was blindsided by the strength of my love. Believing that you loved me, only to realize in the end that you don't, and you never would. I guess I finally learned the hard way.

The better question is though when will you learn, my dear? At the price of my tears and heartache and me leaving you permanently or when you understand that I want to see you do better? Maybe one day you will learn. Hopefully, by then it won't be too late. As much as I want to hate you and wish everything you did to me came back to you, I can't because I still love you. But for now, I'm not crying anymore, nor will I become angry because you cannot get it together. I love you; I do, but I love myself more to know that this thing that we have is not working. I know you're human and make mistakes, but the mistakes that you're making are the same ones each time. You haven't learned from them. Only time will tell. Until then, my love, I wish you all the best.

                                                              Wishing you the best,
                                                              Athena Isis Olympia