Unlike Any Other

Five years later...

A dark blue shape flitted awkwardly through the trees into a bright clearing, the RainWing village. Every tree was lined with huts and hammocks for naptime. The shadow burst up through the treetops into a field of RainWings sleeping under the sun.

It settled down in a small spot off to the edge, not daring to look at any of the other dragons, the only one who ever really smiled for her was him. She grinned at the thought of his slender snout and gentle clawsteps. His scales were always as bright as his smile, in perfect contrast to her silent shades. He was unlike any RainWing she had ever met, his uncanny verdant eyes always shimmered with mischief, the sort you'd never see in any other RainWing. He was special.

"Hey, Cocoa!" A voice called.

Cocoa's ears perked at the sound and she looked up to see a beaming blue, yellow, and pink dragon float down next her.

"Vine! It's so good to see you!"

_____

Cocoa snorts, twirling in the air with uncontrollable giggles. Vine was busy telling her about a sloth he had seen hiding from a RainWing. It was almost as if the sloth was the one with camouflage, but the RainWing was quite distressed so Vine was compelled to show her where it was. And the look on her face when she realized...

"Hahaha, I know right? She was red as a mango! I don't even think she noticed, haha! And then she..." He continued rolling his eyes.

Cocoa looked up at him, he had a bundle of starfruit in one claw and used his other claws to make gestures as he spoke. The two were heading toward the edge of the desert. Although RainWings are generally vegetarians, Cocoa's NightWing half tended to crave meat even when she would have preferred not to. And she never really felt comfortable killing the rainforest animals. But she didn't like going there alone, so Vine would always accompany her.

The climate was getting drier and she could feel sand blowing into her scales. She could never understand how SandWings lived like this all the time.

Soon the two dragonets would be there, Vine had already started gorging himself on the starfruit, but tried his best to restrain himself. Later they would stop by the waterfall in the forest and eat there. Their little spot.

Cocoa looked at Vine happily. This was how she wanted it to be, carefree and away from the eyes of others. Two dragons unlike any others.

A/N: 'Kay, this was a little on the short side, but the next one will be much, much longer. - U -