Chapter 5

Hayes POV

I went to Sofi's room to give her flowers I bought for her. And I also got her a necklace that says

"Will You Be My Girlfriend? ~H"

******************************

I knocked on her door. I heard the footsteps coming up and the turning if the knob. My heart raced.

"Oh. Hey Hayes"

I gave her the flowers.

"Oh my gosh Hayes these are beautiful. Thank you so much!"

She gave me a hug.

"No problem."

"No really Hayes. Why did you get this for me?"

"Because I really like you"

She blushed it was really cute.

"And I wanted to ask you this."

I handed her the necklace.

"Oh Hayes."

"I was wondering if you wanted to be my....."

"Are you fucking kidding me!"

I stood there in shock.

"How many girls have you given this to!?"

"Um...."

"That's what I thought you ass!"

She slammed the door in my face.

Nash walked out of his room.

"Really that necklace. Almost every girl who has a social media knows you give like every girl that. Hayes sometimes your not that smart." Nash smirked than walked downstairs.

Bryant walked up

"Hayes is everything okay? I just heard someone slam the door."

"Yah don't worry about it."

"Okay" he replied and walked back downstairs.

What the fuck did I just do?

*******************************

I decided to get the courage to go back to Sofi's room.

"Sofi please open up. We need to talk."

I heard footsteps walking towards the door.

"Go away Hayes."

"No really. Just 5 minutes."

She unlocked the door.

Her eyes were puffy from crying.

"Can I come in?"

She walked over to her bed and patted a spot next to her.

"Okay listen. About the necklace yes I've given a necklace like that one to a lot if girls. But you're different.."

"Then why did you give me a shitty necklace that all of the U.S. knows about?!"

"I don't know. I don't think straight sometimes. I just wanted you to be my girlfriend. Because I have only known you for a day but I can tell your everything that I want."

"Hayes I really like you but can you give me time. I need a friend right now not a boy friend. I just got out of a relationship and I'm not ready to be in another. So can we take it slow?"

I'm not gonna lie I was upset that she didn't say yes. But I respected her enough and liked her enough that j could wait.

"Okay. But I'm just gonna let you know I'm going to wait for you."

She blushed the kissed me on the cheek.

"Thanks Hayes"

We ended up going on her laptop and watching the first season of 'Orange is the New Black' on Netflix. We were on episode 5 when she fell asleep. I shut the laptop and fell asleep with her.

*the next morning

Once I woke up it was around 7. I decide to go back to my room and take a shower. When I got back Sofi was already showered and dressed.

"I'm starving" she complained.

"Fine. Then let's go downstairs and get something to eat."

"Nooo. I'm too tired."

I ended up giving her a piggy back downstairs.

We put a couple pop tarts in the toaster and waited on the bar.

"Hey do you know what we are doing today?" she asked

"Im not sure. Nash and Bryant won't wake up for a few more hours. There is a party tonight at my friends house if you wanna come with? We could also even get pre season football tickets for the 49ers at noon."

"OMG yah I love football games. And yah I would love to go to the party tonight I really wanna meet new people."

"Okay I'll buy the tickets online and you can go tell Bryant what we will be doing."

Sofi POV

I was really exited for my day with Hayes. But I'm also really glad he understands I don't want a boyfriend right now.

I tip toed (tip toeing in my Jordans😂) up to my dads room and left him a note on his night stand saying what Hayes and I were going to do.

I went back to my room and put on a pair of Abercrombie shorts and a white crop top from Brandy Melville. I slipped in my Speerys and went downstairs.

"Why did you change?" hayes asked

"Oh I didn't know we were going out I looked like shit."

"You didn't. But you look really good"

"Thanks I said blushing"

"Okay the driver is outside and I printed out the tickets so we can go now."

"K. Let's go!" I screamed and ran to the elevator.

We talked the whole car ride not a single second of awkwardness. We learned a lot about each other and I really liked him. But I don't need a boyfriend I keep telling myself.

Once we got to the stadium Hayes and I bought 49ers red baseball caps. I wore mine backwards and Hayes wore his regularly.

We walked into the stadium and Hayes had bought us two seats right behind the end zone.

"Wow Hayes these are great seats!"

"Well we sent sitting up in the boonies and I wanted the best for you."

I blushed. Why the hell do I blush so easily when Hayes flirts with me dang it.

Hayes POV

Sofi was so adorable. She was wearing her hat backwards and I couldn't stop staring at her.

She was perfect. And j wanted her to be my girlfriend so bad.

********************************