Why do I Love You?

Warning: Mild cursing

Zane Truesdale let out a sigh as he leaned against the lighthouse of Duel Academy Island, his face scrunched up in confusion. Why did his emotions and hormones have to be so confusing? After returning from the Doom Dimension, Zane and begun to feel an emotion he hadn't felt in a long time: Love. But, the problem was who his heart seemed to crave: Aster Phoenix.

Zane sighed and smacked the back of his head against the wall of the lighthouse, annoyed. Of all the people he had to fall in love with, it had to be him, the very person who turned him into the cruel Duelist from before. Now he loved him!? Nothing made sense anymore!

"Hey there Zaney," a familiar voiced taunted playfully. "I was wondering where you snuck off to."

Zane didn't bother looking over. "Leave Aster, now." he spat, already feeling his heart begin to race.

Aster leaned against Zane, in an attempt to annoy him. "Hmm....No, I don't think I will," he all but purred. "After all, it seems like you need some company."

"No I don't." Zane growled, hating himself as he felt his face heat up.

Aster grinned and snuggled into Zane more, feeling like he was on a roll. "Not gonna happen Zaney," he said rather seductively. "After all, you seem to enjoy me being-"

"Damn it Aster, beat it!" Zane roared as he swatted the smaller boy away. Then he stared dead into Aster's striking blue eyes and snarled. "I hate everything about you, so why the Hell do I love you?"

Aster's eyes widened, and he asked. "What was that Zane?"

Zane's expression turned to horror when he realized what he said, so instead he simply growled. "Leave."

Aster didn't pester, he simply turned and left without a word.

Zane sighed in relief and started walking back to Duel Academy, where he was staying for a while.

***

When Zane began to wake up, he instantly knew something was wrong: He was sitting upright, and he was tied up as well.

Opening his eyes, Zane saw that he was in some sort of living room....with Aster Phoenix standing before him.

"Aster!" Zane snapped, furious and embarrassed at his position. "What do you think you're doing!?"

"This." was all Aster said before he kissed Zane on the lips. Zane complained at first, but melted into the kiss.

When their lips parted, Aster couldn't help but smirk. "You know Zaney, no one can say they love me and get away with it." he said rather smugly.

Zane sighed and smiled softly. "Guess I'll find out why I love you as time goes on," he mused out loud. "But, I think I can live with that."

Aster didn't reply, just kissed Zane again.

*******

And that's all she wrote, really hope you liked it. It's not my best work but I think I did alright.

Also, this story is loosely based on this song.