Marketplace Meeting

The marketplace was abuzz, people darting back and forth between stalls trying to find the last of their items before the sun sets and the snow starts to fall. No one wanted to be caught in the approaching blizzard, including me. I approach the fruit stand I frequently visited, greeting my family friend and the owner, Tavar Sossiuq. Today, like any other Saturday, he isn't alone; his son's emerald eyes light up as he runs over and hugs me. I ruffle his blonde hair and ask him which fruits are the best. He points out the gleaming red apples and the sun-kissed peaches. Entranced, I hold up the fruits for inspection and fail to notice the fear that sparked in Tavar's eyes.

A deep rumbling startled me, "Hello there,"  and I whirled around to find the White Wolf of Doranelle standing directly behind me. People have raved about his beauty, but I never expected him to look like this. His brilliant golden hair was tied up into a bun. Obsidian colored his eyes and contrasted the prideful display of his white canines. "I'm not into watching sunsets, but I'd love to see you go down," he continued.

Fury flashes across my eyes and I backhand his face. To his shocked face, I roll my eyes and turn back to Tavar to pay. I then waltz out of the town square without ever looking back, thankful for my face already being red from the cold. I sense his smug smirk directed at me, yet I will never find out that Fenrys Moonbeam's eyes also had a glint of genuine interest and attraction.

☽ONE WEEK LATER☾

Tonight has been a long night. Many people have come from many different countries to celebrate Yulemas, and with all the festivals and lights, Terrasen is the best place to be.
Earlier, a small group of witches came through the door and scared half the customers off, but, after smelling my witch blood, they made up for it by buying a lot of drinks and including me in their celebration. The lot of them left an hour or so ago.

Midnight was approaching fast and business does not appear to be slowing. I send one of the new workers off to clean some tables for a party of three that just entered and then proceed to take orders. Mid-sentence, immense power reverberated through my chest.
I paused and looked up, for I could sense them before the door even opened. The power belonged to the four cadre members that strutted through the door: Rowan, Lorcan, Vaughan, and Fenrys. The tavern where I work is popular and close to the castle, but I never expected to entertain royalty. A man calls for a refill and I'm torn away from watching the new guests. As the night progresses, I keep an eye on the four that constantly seem to squabble over the stupidest things like wingspan or whatever that means.

Early in the morning, near the end of my shift, a rowdy drunk man keeps rudely asking for different and random things. Encouraged by the lack of authority present (he doesn't notice the Cadre), he begins to harass me. I've had enough and bear my talons, threatening to take out his eye.

Not even two minutes later, Fenrys appears, growling for the man to leave. With soiled pants, the man scrambles to leave and disappears into the night. I raise my eyebrows and turn to him and thank him. He simply asked for payment in drinks for two. Thirty minutes later, we were sitting down and talking about weapons (prompted by my talons) and the upcoming festivals. From the doorway, Rowan calls out to Fenrys, and we turn to see the other three with cloaks on, ready to leave. He sighs and turns back, telling me to meet him at the castle gates in the evening in two week's time dressed formally. I mentally jot it down and watch Lorcan tease Fenrys as the Cadre walks out the door and into the snowy night.