Chapter Two

Two years have passed since that traumatizing night. Arabelle hates her guilt-filled father. Mr. Mason is exactly that. Full of guilt and hatred of himself. He could never forgive himself. He killed the love of his life. Mrs. Mason is gone.

What does Mr. Mason have left to live for? Why doesn't he just kill himself and be with Julianna, his love? He is sure that she would forgive him. Julianna was a very forgiving person. So why doesn't he die? Simple. He still has the biggest part of Julianna still with him; Arabelle.

Mr. Mason loves his daughter just as any good father would. Maybe even a little more. But he knows that he is not forgiven in his daughter's eyes. He killed her mother. And that's unforgivable. But that doesn't mean he doesn't try.

Mr. Mason had an idea. A perfect father-daughter day.

"Ara, how would you like to see London?" He asked, near the end of a silent breakfast.

"London?" Arabelle asked, taken aback by her father's sudden efforts. He's been trying. Arabelle knows this. After putting aside the hatred, she loves him for trying. But Mr. Mason has never taken it as far as London. He's usually off with his Death Eater friends anyway. But in the past year, he's been home more often, trying to watch his little girl grow up.

"Yes, London. You're always talking about wanting to visit, why not today?" Mr. Mason pleaded.

"I don't see why not. It sounds like fun!" Arabelle exclaimed. She was trying also.

So the plan was set. After the two washed their plates together, they packed what they needed for a day trip, Muggle money and Mr. Mason's wand, and they were off.

Mr. Mason decided it would be best to drive to London. It wasn't too far. And what would the Muggles think if two people pop out of thin air? It was too risky.

So after the car ride and the hunt for a parking meter, Mr. Mason and Arabelle were on their feet, hand-in-hand, walking down the streets of London.

At ten years old, Arabelle was fascinated with everything she saw: the buildings, the people, the merchandise. Mr. Mason was simply grateful for his daughter's happiness.

"Daddy! Daddy! Can we go in there?" Arabelle cried, tugging her father over to a Muggle Bookstore. Mr. Mason didn't give an answer; just an approving chuckle.

The bookstore was a small one, but it was filled to the brim with books.

Arabelle thought hard about the book that her neighbor, Elizabeth, told her about, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Then, as if by magic, a book flew into her hand.

She opened her eyes and looked down at Wuthering Heights in her hands. Mr. Mason frantically looked around to see if anyone saw. Luckily, no one did.

"Arabelle!" He whispered shouted to her. Arabelle looked up, shock and innocence written all over her face.

"Yes?" She asked, her eyes big. Her bright, shining blue eyes were exact replicas of her mother's, and her father saw this.

"Try to be more careful. We don't want the Muggles to suspect anything." He whispered to her.

"Okay." She said, putting that in the back of her mind. "Can we get it, Dad? Liz said it was really good!"

Mr. Mason took the book from his daughter gently, looking it over. He turned it over to the back of the book, and read.

The story is about soul-mates set apart by cruelty and snobbery. Julianna would have love this book.

"We can get it." Mr. Mason said. Arabelle jumped up in glee. She was so excited that she was getting a new book. She loves to read and she thinks that Muggle books are the best. She thinks that the Muggles are very creative and imaginative and to be able to read their stories is like going inside their minds. You never know what's going to happen next.