Doctor, Doctor

The woods of Oregon were very scenic. Something you could put on a postcard, if you use one. Irumina was driving a pickup truck, 049 in the passenger side, a cage containing the owl in his hands. The truck driving along the roads. Irumina checked the GPS. She had ten miles until they come upon where Zy's car was. Irumina looked to the setting sun, and blew hair out of her eyes. She looked to 049, the humanoid stroking 1049's head.
"Ya know...I've never understood something about you Plague Doctor." Irumina flatly stated, looking back to the road.
"Mm...yes?" He looked at her, eyes steely per usual.
"You aren't human, right? But you wear clothes...what's that deal?" Irumina flicked her blinker, turning right, heading down an incline.
"Ah, it is a long story, you know of SCP-035, a friend of mine, but do you know if SCP-701 and SCP-2264?" 049 asked, grabbing his cane from the back, Irumina made an "Eh" sound,.
"Well, I come from a Kingdom, called Alagadda, and I was in the court, along with him, I was one of the king's royal advisors, I was the white lord, and he, the black lord. After some political...controversy he got banned to your realm. As did I. But Alagadda...oh it was lovely. We were all in luxurious robes, the residents were all wonderful freaks, and I was the king's chief apocotharrey as well! I lived the high life. Curing the pestilence of normalcy and granting those remedies for ailments that the denizens held." He let out a nostalgic, slightly lustful sigh, his eyes fluttering.
"I Of course got fired for malpractice after...that day." 049 shuddered, and held himself steady.
"What happened, someone die?" Irumina asked. 5 miles until destination.
"Yes...and no. The people of Alagadda were not happy. The king, all in his golden glory tried to appeal to them, but the kingdom was in poverty, and this was due to the people doing little work. When he suggested a new...plan for the community, they revolted. They brought him out, and hung him from a tree. And then. All hell broke out. The yellow skies went to red. The stars a ghostly white. The livestock were culled, people were infected. I tried to help but they..they were dying too fast. The rains of acid started, and the King cut himself down from the tree. And he was changed. He fired us advisors, sending us to your world, not before he made the red lord write a play and take it with us,and only kept his ambassador. He had went into hiding, and only the ambassador, and the three new lords...since then Alagadda...I never seen it, but I've heard it's different from those who went there..." 049 looked at the owl, his mask making a slight rattle.
"Damn..." Irumina stopped, and the truck slid to a halt, ground still damp.