The first to burn-prologue

Panic. He could feel it making the air thick and unbreathable. The room was crowded, and warm, but unbearably so.
People where voicing prairs and crying for god's mercy.
Hosuh stood there, feeling out of place, in the only place he knew. Every sound was muffled and covered in the smell of sweat and burning wood.

Everyone was scared, except the only man that would have the right to be. That man was calmly glancing at the people around him, waiting for his sentence. Their anger-coated eyes shining with disgust and hatred as they looked at him, as if he was a demon.
But Hosuh knew his brother and he knew he was no demon.
As the priest removed the brown bag from his brother's head, Hosuh wanted nothing more than to run to him and hug him, at least one last time. He knew however, that if he would do that, he would end up burning as well.
His brother was roughly tied to the big piece of wood, pointing out from the middle of the mountain. The hungry flames continued eating it's base, leaving nothing but ashes, Hosuh didn't want to believe that soon enough his beloved sibling would undergo the same treatment.
The priest announced something Hosuh didn't quite catch, and suddenly the entire church broke out into melodic mumbling, completely taken by the idea of saving the church from this witch.
Everyone except Hosuh and his brother. They were looking each other in the eyes, in a silent goodbye. Hosuh's eyes were pleading, his heart was aching, his skin shaking.
While his brother gave him the slightest smile and mumbled under his breath: „Leave.“

Hosuh felt those words sink in, deep into his soul, he nodded his head slowly. He thought about how those would be the last words he would hear from his brother, it couldn't be true.
And yet here he was, looking at the one person he trusted the most being swallowed by red hungry flames, that would leave an empty space where his brother stood, and a whole in Hosuh's heart.
„Don't look.“ A hoarse voice told him, as Hosuh realised that all of this was very much true, and that there was nothing he could do about it.
He lowered his gaze, walking slowly out of the building, almost feeling the stares of the people burning on his back, or maybe it was just the warmth of the fire.
As he left he heard screams stabbing his heart like actual daggers.
„This is the first witch to burn, and it surely won't be the last one!“
He could hear the priest announce, followed by loud cheers in the distance.
How could someone cheer for death? How could someone kill?
Thoughts echoed through the young healers mind as he left the village, with absolutely no idea where he was going.

Authors comment :
I hope you like this story. I've been meaning to make a danplan fanfic for quite some time and I hope I didn't mess up.
This was kind of a prologue, that's why it's so short.
I don't know how much I can update since I've got lot's of stuff going on, but I will try my best.
I don't know if there will be shippings, that depends on what you want.