CHAPTER ONE

-

"So I'm coming over to your place in thirty minutes, and then we'll head out to the drive-in movie." Shaun said to me over the phone, clearing things up.

 "Sounds like a plan." I answered. 

 We said our goodbyes and then I hung up the phone. Tonight was a Saturday night, and yesterday was my birthday, but my best friend Shaun wasn't in town until this morning. Tonight is his way of making it up to me for missing my twenty first birthday. I turned around inside my room and made a beeline for my closet. 

 Shaun has been my best friend since the third grade when he was fat, and I had braces . We had both grown up a lot since then.Shaun grew up to be a very attractive man. He was popular amongst the women and he knew it. He has so much confidence, but it seems as if he's not really interested in them. Maybe he's gay? Even so, I didn't dress up effortly  to impress. After all, it is still my birthday weekend. I'd rather change only for something simple.

I grabbed some loose plain black shirt and I paired them with light blue jeans and sneakers. I didn't bother with my short curly black hair. I just sprayed a little perfume on me when I heard a car horn from outside. I quickly grabbed my jacket and flew out the door, locking it behind me. Once I was inside Shaun's car, I turned to him and smiled. Shaun smiled back at me and said, 

"you look pretty as a guy as ever." My smile widened in a silent thanks,

 and he peeled off into the direction of the movies. I snuck glances at him every once in a while, and saw that he had gained a little more muscle on his lean body. His black hair was a little on the messy side in a sexy way, and he wore a smirk on his chiseled face. He was perfection. We pulled into the drive-in and Shaun insisted in paying for the both of our tickets. 

 "My treat." He winked at me, before slowly driving to find us a perfect place to park. 

 Couples, and teens looked at Shaun's Mercedes Benz, but his tinted windows prevented them from seeing us. We finally found a spot in the middle of all the cars, and the screen was directly in front of us, displaying previews and ads. 

 "Do you want any popcorn or something to drink? I'm going to walk to the concessions." Shaun asked me. 

 I shook my head no, and he got out of the car. I watched him leave before turning back to the previews. The viewing was loud, but I rolled down the windows anyways, so we could get the full affect. As I was rolling down Shaun's window, something shiny caught my eye on his door. I stuck my hand in the little pocket on the door and found a few CDs and some papers. When I pulled out the shiny thing, it was a small foiled wrapper. 

I gasped as I stared at the condom. 'Maybe it's just an extra from his trip? Yeah, that's got to be it. We're just friends!' My mind was swirling with questions, when I saw Shaun approaching the car. I quickly stuffed the condom into the pocket, and sat back in my seat.He opened the door and got in, peering at me weirdly. 

 "Hey, the line was way too long, so I'm going to wait for it to die down a bit." 

 "O-oh, okay." I said in a small voice. 'Act natural!' I thought to myself.

 "Are you okay?" Shaun asked me in a confused voice, his eyebrow raised as he glanced at my hands. I looked down to see my hands clenched in really tight fists. I jolted in shock, and attempted to breathe out slowly. I slowly loosened my hands, and gave Shaun an easy smile.

 "I'm totally fine." He chuckled at me before relaxing back into his seat.

 I don't even know why I'm freaking out so bad. I need to remain calm. I don't even think Shaun thinks of me that way. I'm a guy, can't really think if he swings that way. He sees me as more of a younger brother. Yeah.The movie starts and the lights that were lighting up the field we are all parked on went out. A cool breeze wafts through the car, relaxing my tense body. And that's when I feel Shaun's hand on my thigh. Aw crap.