Moving on

A / N : If you guys can't read this, then I don't know why I even bother giving you something like this. Oh, and yes, it is a Fairy Tail fanfiction, but not really based on any of the chracters from Fairy Tail. Also, I don't own Fairy Tail,  Hiro Mashima does. There will be other animes that I might throw in here, but let's focus on this shall we? Let the story unfold! But, I won't expose the characters in the anime yet.. so I hope you can wait patiently.

-

-

-

-

~~~ Time skip : at school ~~~

No Ones POV

Talia walked into her first period, smiling and giddy for another day, she couldn't wait to see her boyfriend Pan. She was a year younger than him, and shorter, and probably weaker - but she didn't want to admit that. Talia had a sense of... not quite pride but, close enough. She didn't like admitting she was in anyway weaker than anyone.

Talia and Pan had been dating for a week and things were going great for her.. for the most part. She smiled more, felt like less of a burden to people, and liked the responsibility of always checking in on Pan. She didn't know how to treat him, exactly, since she'd didn't know how his previous girlfriends acted. She didn't know if being a tad bit clingy and territorial was or wasn't okay.

She sat down at her seat by the projector in the front of the class. To her right was her sister, Brooklyn, which biologically, was not her sister. But they were just as close as sisters. Across from her was Kenya, another girl Talia considered family. Sitting to Kenya's left and across Brook to Talia's right, was May. Shortest of their group, but the most likely to kill you if you pissed her off. Small, but deadly, had never been so accurate.

Talia was about to ask for some of Kenya's coffee when Owen said something that both surprised her and made her feel almost sorry for him.

Almost.

Talia's POV

"Guess what she said yesterday?" Owen asked right as I was about to ask Kenya for some of her Dark Chocolate Mocha Coffee from Starbucks. Immediately our entire table -- me, Brooklyn, May, Kenya, -- looked at him to further explain. Plus we all knew he was talking about his girlfriend, Cadence. I tilted my head to my right, gesturing for him to continue before I lost interest and ignored what he was going to say completely. He hurried on to fill us in.

"She broke up with me." He looked sad and disappointed, but not completely surprised. They'd been off and on a lot lately, not on the same page at all. Their relationship was like a light switch on the bottom floor and the top floor, and two people were trying to either turn it on or off.

"Wait, is that, like, the millionth time she broke up with you though?" Brook asked, not at all accurate, but close enough. She looked between me and Owen in confusion, while I sat back and laughed.

"S-sorry, *breathes in harsh* th--is sh-shouldn't b-e fun*wheeze*ny, but I--I can't b-be*breathes in harsh* se-serious in serious situ*laughs and wheezes*ations." I said while nearly choking because I couldn't breathe.

Ah, life as me. Can't be serious in actual times where I need to be serious, but serious when it's something stupid and I get so worked up about it. I raised my brows, looked at Kenya, and she nodded. I smiled as I tried and succeeded in my efforts to stop laughing. I sighed and reached across my desk to Kenya's. I didn't look at anyone as I said this as serious as I could.

"I don't care." I said as I grabbed Kenya's coffee and took several sips. Everyone just looked at me. Suddenly, as those harsh words came out, the whole fucking class went silent. Assholes.

Brook looked shocked but amused, May started laughing, Kenya said "damn" and patted Owen's arm, and Owen looked down and smiled. He was laughing. Good. He shouldn't take himself seriously if she wasn't.

"What?" I asked, "If she keeps throwing you to the side and then picking you back up, it just means she knows you're going to keep letting her back no matter how many times she messes up." I capped Kenya's coffee and put it back on her desk. "If she really cares and said she needs you in her life," I got up and looked him in the eye and I swear he shrank back a little, "then she wouldn't keep breaking up with you and then getting back together."

He nodded and nearly fell back because of how pissed I looked. I genuinely hate it when people treat others like they can get whatever they want whenever they want. Maybe I was really upset because I could relate to Owen. I had a relationship during my freshman year that I basically got arrested for. The person I was with made me feel so small, like I wasn't valid to anyone else but him.

"Yo, Talia, ya gotta calm down." Confused, I looked at Brook, and she pointed outside. I mentally face-palmed. It started snowing outside, which isn't normal since we live on a tropical island. In the middle of the ocean.

I sighed as I closed my eyes, thinking of chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry ice cream, topped with whipped cream, and Pan looking at me with a smile on his face. I opened my eyes and my entire table looked relieved as it had stopped snowing outside. I took a deep breath as I knew my teacher, Ms. Kailani, was waiting (as usual) for our group to calm down before we started.