INSERT BOYFRIEND HERE

It was slow today in the office. Dazai sat back in his seat, eyes staring up at the ceiling. Everyone was doing their own thing, including Dazai. As usual, he was up to no good. But this wasn't his usual antics. No, Dazai found himself concentrating on a particular person. He wanted to do his best for him, as a friend, as a partner, coworker, mentor– Whatever their relationship was now. "What should I do?" Dazai asks, the back of his hand going to his forehead in one dramatic motion.

Ranpo looks on from his spot while snacking, "Hmmn?" Of course, the great detective already knew what this was about.

"It may seem hard to believe but I want Atsushi-kun to be happy, " Dazai answered with a bout of enthusiasm. "It's hard to see him single. He doesn't deserve such loneliness."

"Get him a lover then," Ranpo says it as if it is the easiest thing in the world. From his perspective it was, seeing as he already knew that Dazai had an obvious crush-

"Ah! What a brilliant idea! I'll look for possible suitors." His hand goes to his chin to think about it for a moment, "Where to start..?"

All the while Ranpo sits there quietly for a moment, pausing and then shaking his head. He turned around in his chair. "You're on your own," He says before going back to his snacks.

And so begins Dazai's quest to bring Atsushi love.

▐▐►►

From day one he had felt that Atsushi deserved better. Dazai wanted him to be happy... Which was why he was looking for the perfect person, someone compatible to be with the man-tiger. It was almost like a game for him, one that he took rather seriously. He genuinely wanted to see the other content, so he was being picky with who he chose.

The difficult part was finding out what kind of person Atsushi was interested in... Female? Male? Shorter than him? Taller? What type of person was he attracted to?

At first, Dazai sent him out on a date. Well, not actually a date. It was more indirectly. Using a mission as a disguise for it worked initially, up until the 'client' tried to hold Atsushi's hand... To say the least Atsushi wasn't too thrilled when he found out. Though he was super cute at that moment, blushing so red and stuttering all over the place. Atsushi was so easily flustered...

The second date Dazai planned out failed miserably. This time the date was, well, they turned out to be the person they were supposed to catch...

The third date was involved in their stakeout... Poor Atsushi was undercover and made a fool of himself– Dazai might have also had a part in that. They instantly turned down his offer.

The fourth date Atsushi had tailed the wrong person... In short, they said they would never date a stalker.

The fifth potential date often wore glasses and Dazai thought she was rather clingy. Turns out she was almost all the way blind and had lost her walking stick. It was a polite turn down, as her heart belonged to another. Too bad really... She would have been perfect for his lovers' suicide– But that's not the point here.