Sickle Cell awareness

This story is being made to raise awareness of Sickle Cell. Here is one of my TRUE life stories. 

My mom was born with sickle cell November 3, 1995. If you don't know what Sickle cell (also known as SCD) here is what it is. 

Sickle cell is basically when the body has more white blood cells than red blood cells. Sickle cell patients are always having pain crisis. My mom was one of those people who was always in pain but no matter what she didn't let it change her attitude. When one parent has the Sickle Cell gene and the other has a normal gene the child will have the Sickle Cell Trait (also known as SCT) I am one of those kids with SCT but it isn't as bad as Sickle cell. Most sickle cell patients don't live to get 40 years old. Sadly, my mom was one of those people. She died October 2nd, 2013. She was really close to age 28 but sadly she died at 27. My uncle Robert also had sickle cell and as a result he died at the age of 18. Half of my family have died from this killer disease! My mom had to get a lot of blood transfusions so eventually they put a port in her arm which she'd had in for 8 years until it gotten stopped up. When it had gotten stopped up there was nothing the doctors could do for her but let her pass away. A week before she died she had a pain crisis and she was in so much pain that her hands curled up. She was rushed to the hospital and that's when they discovered her port had been stopped up. Eventually they sent her home and she died a week later. All she wanted was for people to be aware of Sickle Cell. PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THIS! HELP SPREAD SICK CELL AWARENESS!! IT STARTS WITH US!! LET IT BE KNOWN PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU. MAKE MY MOM'S DREAM COME TRUE!!