Chapter 1

My name is Kiki Orion. I'd like to think I'm a normal girl. I go to Lightport High school. I have a best friend named Leela who is always there for me. I'm attractive, on some days, especially on the days I haven't visited a buffet. I get okay grades, but nothing to write home about. I'm on the school's track and field. I do the high jump and occasionally I get roped into doing a relay or two. I'd like to think I'm pretty athletic too, although I've never gotten an award.

It'd also be track and field where I ran into the boy of my dreams. His name is Simon. He's a slim attractive guy who does hurdles and short distance sprints. He's got long legs, a strong chin, and a great butt. I actually think it's his butt that I like the most. The way his tail darts back and forth as he runs, it really makes my ears twitch.

"Kiki, you're doing it again..."

"Nya... I'm not..." I responded defensively, stretching out on the mat.

The mat was sitting right where the sun leaked through the window at this time of day. These mats with thick and black, and absorbed heat, causing the entire mat to feel like a heating pad. I absolutely loved to laze around on it in between jumps. While I was doing this, my eyes must have been lingering on Simon. I wiped the spit running from my lips and gave Leela an innocent, toothy glare.

"You're too obvious. You're gonna cause people to start spreading rumors." Leela sighed helplessly, moving her foot up to her ear in a pose that looked really painful.

I glanced over at Leela watching her stretch. She often would lie with me, but whereas I would spread out on the surface to soak up as much heat as possible, she'd always contort herself into strange shapes. She loved sleeping with her head hanging off the end of the bed or her foot lying somewhere near her ears. She was a tall girl with rounded ears on top of her head that barely came out of her short, white and brown striped hair. Her eyes were dark and beady, and her nose always twitched when she thought about something deeply. In the right shadows, she looked like she wore a mask on her face, giving her a mysterious feeling like a thief in the night.

However, despite being skinny and flexible, she was also very beautiful, and her dark eyes only added to a mystique that seemed to attract many boys to her. She was as flexible with boys as she was with her body, as she seemed to have another guy every week. She never moved far with them though. She always told me that none had managed to catch her attention. The only part of Leela that wasn't flexible was her tail, a small thing that could barely even wag. I lashed my tail out, sending the long black thing waving back and force behind me furiously, as if to say that I too had flexibility when I wanted it.

"Stop looking at me like you're going to pounce. I'm not a fish or a birdkin!" Leela cutely wined.

I leaped at her anyway, and she let out a little squeal as the both of us collapsed down on the mat. No sooner did I get her pinned when a whistle blew causing me to leap off of her. Truth was, Leela had already weaseled her way out of my grip and by the time I had my arms around her I could only get my claws into her ankles anyway.

"Girls! No roughhousing!" the teacher, Mrs. Rio snorted, stroking a long majestic horn sticking out her head.

"Y-yes, ma'am!" I quickly said, standing up and bowing down.

Leela was only a second behind me. "Sorry, Mrs. Rio!"

However, after she said this, she elbowed me hard and then ran off into a lap before I could scratch her. I sighed as my ears twitched and my tail lashed, but I followed behind her without retorting. Mrs. Rio watched us for a few moments, but when she was satisfied we were doing as we were told, she crossed her arms and turned somewhere to deal with another student, her long-haired tail lashing like a whip.