CHAPTER 4

How true are the rumors?

*****

Jennafei was staring at a blank space while fixing the books on shelves from the cart she was pushing. Before she go and after classes, it’s what she usually does as a student assistant. She has a total of 5 working hours. What she’s earning in return is thirty percent from the expensive tuition fee of the exclusive university where she’s currently taking her 2nd year in Communication Arts.

Aside from that, she also have other source of scholarships. Which is the exact reason why she is staring at nowhere and deeply pondering.

She is one of the campus writers for the school publication and she currently has a very hard assignment. She can’t accept how unlucky she was to pick this assignment over lottery.

It is the new system of their editor in chief which was approved by the adviser of the campus paper. All the distribution of assignments are going though lottery to avoid complains. And Jennafei seem to be the first victim of this new system. And why of all the writers, it was her who picked the hardest task.

Her task: To get an interview with John Dexter Peralta, more popularly known as “Dex” – the basketball varsity captain, the most infamous bad boy and, despite his despicable reputation, also one of the campus heart-throb of their university. He was nicknamed “campus king” because he’s like a king due to his dreadful reputation at university.

It’s not secret from Jennafei that it’s not the first time the editor in chief gave this assignment to her subordinates. Dex was choses twice to be features at one section of the campus paper featuring the most famous personalities in their campus and they failed twice.

Apart from being a fearless bully, an expert playboy and a professional rule baker, Dex was also a snob. That’s what she learn from the previous writers the task has been given to. apparently, Dex does not like to be interviewed because according to him, it’s all a crap and he does not want to announce all the things about him.

For someone who was so notorious, he was rather mysterious.

Even his true age, no one knows. There are gossips that he took a lot of years in high school and college because of being temperamental. He’s also not taking his studies seriously and he shifted to a lot of courses before he stayed in BS Marketing.

There are also news that the only reason he was not kicked out even when he has multiple offense, is that his wealthy parents pay for all his damages in discipline committee. It is said that Peralta family has donated a big sum of money to the school.There are also gossips that their family is a shareholder of the university that’s why they are all ignoring all his misadventures.

They said that he got into fight multiple times right inside the campus. There was even one time that one has been hospitalized because of him. It’s said that the family filed a lawsuit but they pulled back right after because they were paid 10 million pesos. (USD 223,916.600 )

And the last trouble Dex has been linked to, its assumpted that he impregnated the campus beauty titlist Cristal Valdez last year. She dropped out and got abortion because he does not want to take responsibility on the baby. She was not the only woman he threw away after playing with. There are other more who were all gorgeous and famous in the campus.