Prologue

In the pitch, black night, lightning strikes the sky mercilessly with its brilliant light. Under the sky is a mansion standing alone in a desolate forest where no one would dare enter. The driver pulls up the car in front of the mansion and then, I step out of the car and I curiously look around at my surrounding. I adjust the collar of my button-up shirt. Then, I take out an invitation card out of my pocket and examines it.

"Huh . . . the picture on the card looked more . . . nicer."

I put the invitation back into my pocket. I excuse the driver and then he drives away disappearing from my line of sight. I noticed a flight of stairs to the mansion and I start walking up the stairs. I reach the top of the stairs and see a man dressed in a butler uniform, patiently awaiting my arrival.

"Greeting master McCoy, we've been expecting you," the butler says.

"Cool. That doesn't sound creepy at all," I reply.

"I shall accompany you to the manor."

"Please do so."

The butler escorts me to the manor. We arrive at the entrance of the mansion and it looks huge and ominous looking.

"That's huge!" I say. I look at the mansion with amazement.

"Welcome to the Del Manor," the butler says and precedes to open the door of the mansion and inside is luxurious.

"Del? That sounds familiar," I thought. At first, it felt like deja vu hearing that name, but then I don't think anything of it. The butler then guides me to the entrance of the lounge area.

"You are free to do as you please until I am awaited orders by the master." the butler leaves, leaving me alone to walk myself to the lounge area.

Inside the lounge, there are 3 people dressed formally waiting around. One girl is looking around curiously and is fascinated by everything. There are another girl and a guy flirting with each other. I walk into the lounge area and everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me like I'm some prey. The stares kind of hurt my soul.

"Oh, another one arrived," a very refined man said. His hair is slicked back and is wearing a fancy tux. His handsome features could easily make women fall for him. It's rude of me to think that he kind of looks like a player.

"His looks aren't half bad," said a woman who has such a slim figure, but such an obnoxious personality. She must have high standards and taste. She was also wearing a revealing dress. It's embarrassing for me and I try not to look at her as much as possible.

"This is so exciting!" another woman said who seems very animated. She wears glasses and her hair is kept in a messy bun.

"Um . . . Hello," I said nervously greeting the other guests.

"Is this all of us?" the snobbish looking gentleman said.

"God when is this going to start?" said the obnoxious woman. I can tell she was bored because she was fiddling with her nails.

"Um, by chance did you also receive an invitation?" I take out my invitation out from my pocket and show it to everyone.

"Yeah, it's so mysterious . . . Yet so thrilling!" the woman with the glasses said thrilled and exhilarated.

"This blows. The invitation said there was gonna be a party," the bored, indifferent lady says while fiddling with her invitation. 

"If you thought there was a party, why would think a party would be held in a mansion in the middle of nowhere, you imbecile," the gentleman said.