Chapter Nine: Let the Challenge Begin

The five hours passed like a flow of a river with only itself in the way. Nelson was woken up by the sound of a wall crashing down. He shot up from the bed, and Daghishat wasn't next to him. "Daghi? Oh shit!!" he screamed, springing out of bed. He connected enough of the dots and was now rushing out and downstairs as quickly as he could. His heart was already starting to pound. They got enough attention as is, and now they were getting more. That damned Daghi was being a huge idiot, not realizing what he was causing. Once he got down the stairs and into the entrance room, there was a huge hole in the wall, the door being gone as well. "Fuck!" Nelson hissed at himself, clenching his hands into blood-red balls. He ran outside, and he saw what he already predicted. Daghishat was beating down Harold, and Halia was trying to get in the way. She was hitting his back, but he didn't even realize she was there. The sun was about to set, so very few people were around. "Get off of him you freak!" Halia screamed, trying to pull Daghishat with all her might.Nataraja wasn't anywhere to be found either. Nelson was panicking, wondering what the hell happened for Daghi to snap like this.

Ten minutes earlier Daghishat woke up from his slumber and decided to go get a drink. To make sure Nelson stayed asleep, he gently slid his head from his chest to the pillow behind. Once he left the room, he walked down the hall and stepped down the stairs. He got into the kitchen, and no one was around so far. Maybe they had gone to their rooms, but it didn't really matter. He opened the fridge, and saw that there was a gallon of water inside. He took it out, placing it on the table. He then went to the cabinet that stored the glass cups, and put one down. He let out a sigh before pouring some of the water into the cup, getting filled up till it was a sip away from overfilling. He picked it up, taking a sip. It wasn't enough, so he gulped the rest down. Daghishat let out a sigh of relief. The trio hadn't had any sort of cold water in a while, so it was quite enjoyable.

He put the cup in the sink, and the gallon back in the fridge. They did have the technology for a fridge, though the requirements to keep it powered is what was on high demand. The best job of any higher technology advanced town, land, city, etc. was that it required power. That means it required electricity, and some other forms of elements. The main demand were elementals that used lightning or electricity, for they powered a lot of the tech. With such a high demand for them, they are given one of the highest publicly known salaries. Then there was the renewable energy that could be produced with windmills and watermills, even thermal. Those were harder to use for production of energy, so it wasn't as high of demand. However, with all of this energy coming from elementals, there was no such thing as non renewable energy, creating the big gap in demand and salary for electricity and water, fire, and wind. The salary for electricity elementals competed with the later year tournament fighters for Dalenzo. For other places, well, they were easily unrivaled in salary.

"What are you doing?" A male voice asked. Daghishat turned around, and it was Harold. "Getting a drink," Daghishat said calmly, not caring for what kind of conversation was about to occur. He started to walk off, but Harold stood in front of him. "Where do you think you are going?", "To Nedi, now fuck off," Daghishat was already getting ticked off. His family ticked him off so easily, and he really would rather break them entirely than leave them be, but Nedi asked him to, so he is, or trying to at the very least. "No you aren't. You are leaving, now," Harold said, speaking like a brick wall. Daghishat wasn't going to take a no from a pebble. He simply walked passed. "Then I'm going to our Lord, since Nedi was cursed, and he broke the rule he was supposed to follow," that made Daghisaht's eye twitch. Of course they knew about Nelson being taken away, but not about Daghishat coming with, so they thought he ran off and rotted somewhere. But after some time with Nataraja, they learned that for years the two were together. "Try it, and 6ft into the ground it is," he said, feeling his eyes starting to change into that same dark color. He let out a sigh, calming himself the little that he could, the color fading away. Harold didn't say anything, but simply started to walk towards the front door. Daghishat growled, knowing what Harold was leaving to do. He didn't say anything before slamming his fist into Harold's back, breaking down the door and some of the wall around it. Harold shot threw and fell onto the ground. Then Daghishat went over and started to beat down Harold. Then Halia came rushing out, seeing what happened and tried to get Daghishat off.